This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop RSS Syndication (rss-synd) v0.5b1

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
M
McPupu
Voice

Post by McPupu »

vladdeh wrote:
someguy wrote:Is it possible to fix the issue with it only reporting a new news feed when it's the first one in the RSS feed? For example it won't announce a new news article if it's been inserted further down into the RSS feed.
I'd like this also fixed if possible please
I'd like to see this corrected too, because what I've found this scripts works flawlessly otherwise.

One feature I would like to see would be a possibility to limit output number for example 5 (user settable of course) per interval, but still script would catch all news from oldest to newest. This would be handy if bot were offline for hours, and later when back on it would retrieve all unnoticed news to channel. So for example, if rss feed contains 60 news, bot would publish five oldest to channel, and next 5 when user settable interval was met. And continue when all news were published.

Hope someone understand what I mean :)
s
shaneo
Voice

show feeds by trigger only

Post by shaneo »

Hi im using rsssynd0.4. I know this is a 0.5b thread but figured those in here would also know about past versions. So I was wondering if there was a way to disable the announcements to the channel and make it respond to triggers only. Tends to get annoying sometimes I tried setting the sync to a higher time limit but they still respond faster im assuming is because the script fetches new feeds as they happen. But I may be wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
speechles
Revered One

Re: show feeds by trigger only

Post by speechles »

shaneo wrote:Hi im using rsssynd0.4. I know this is a 0.5b thread but figured those in here would also know about past versions. So I was wondering if there was a way to disable the announcements to the channel and make it respond to triggers only.

Code: Select all

proc ::rss-synd::feed_callback {feedlist args} {
	... snipped irrelevant parts...
	if {$feed(announce-output) > 0} {
		[namespace current]::feed_output $feedlist $data $odata
	}
}
Using the code above, seeing how it attempts to output every time it fetches new data it becomes clear how to fix this. Change the default section for the setting found below...

"announce-output"	0
Because it already comes with an option to do this. It just isn't clear what that option does. This should work in both 0.4 and the current version.
s
shaneo
Voice

Re: show feeds by trigger only

Post by shaneo »

speechles wrote:
shaneo wrote:Hi im using rsssynd0.4. I know this is a 0.5b thread but figured those in here would also know about past versions. So I was wondering if there was a way to disable the announcements to the channel and make it respond to triggers only.

proc ::rss-synd::feed_callback {feedlist args} {
	... snipped irrelevant parts...
	if {$feed(announce-output) > 0} {
		[namespace current]::feed_output $feedlist $data $odata
	}
}
Using the code above, seeing how it attempts to output every time it fetches new data it becomes clear how to fix this. Change the default section for the setting found below...

"announce-output"	0
Because it already comes with an option to do this. It just isn't clear what that option does. This should work in both 0.4 and the current version.
thank you
M
Mysticales
Voice

Post by Mysticales »

Hey been having an issue since steams holiday sales, Every day even tho I cleared the db file, even made a new file, seems to call on the same 3 items to report. Yet... those news items arent even in the RSS anymore. So how can these 3 items keep coming up during the day? Is there some sorta backup buffer file I dont know about?
~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~
I
IuClik
Voice

facebook

Post by IuClik »

how to create output for facebook rss page

< 07:02:12> *15:53 * <+ZooLand> [ZooLand Moldova's Facebook Wall]   - http://www.facebook.com/ZooLand.Md/posts/238584956224296
< 07:02:12> *15:53 * <+ZooLand> [ZooLand Moldova's Facebook Wall]  Biscuit? Nu n`am vazut - http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=315743148476855&set=a.207912332593271.98565.172335606150944&type=1
< 07:02:12> *15:53 * <+ZooLand> [ZooLand Moldova's Facebook Wall]   - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.316419385075898.120092.172335606150944&type=1
it`s say me only title of title of foto post, i want for video and album
t
teegg
Voice

Post by teegg »

hey all,

I am new to eggdrop and rss-synd and am getting the following message:

RSS Warning: couldn't open "./scripts/feeds/test1.db": no such file or directory.

i checked all my directory and file permissions and they all look right. I created the feeds directory and that didnt make a difference.

set rss(test1) {
                "url"                   "http://store.steampowered.com/feeds/news.xml"
                "channels"              "#truth"
                "database"              "./scripts/feeds/test1.db"
                "trigger"               "!@@feedid@@"
        }

set default {
                "announce-output"       3
                "trigger-output"        3
                "remove-empty"          1
                "trigger-type"          0:2
                "announce-type"         0
                "max-depth"             5
                "evaluate-tcl"          0
                "update-interval"       5
                "output-order"          0
                "timeout"               60000
                "channels"              "#channel1"
                "trigger"               "!rss @@feedid@@"
                "output"                "\[\002@@channel!title@@@@title@@\002\] @@item!title@@@@entry!title@@ - @@item!link@@@@entry!link!=href@@"
                "user-agent"            "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.2) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2"
        }
any ideas?
t
teegg
Voice

Post by teegg »

I may have fixed it. I repleaced ./scripts withe ~eggdrop/scripts

but now I get the error:
RSS Warning: user "eggdrop" doesn't exist.
the user exists in passwd file and typing "ls ~eggdrop" works correctly.
t
teegg
Voice

Post by teegg »

I fixed my problem. I was runnign version 0.5 and I guess thati s broken. I downloaded 0.5b1 and it works now.

Another question, is possible to make it announce only if it has a new item since the last announce?
norbert79
Voice

Post by norbert79 »

Good afternoon everyone!

I would like to ask you for some help regarding the RSS-Synd plug-in for eggdrop.
I have several RSS feeds set, but unfortunately I can't see the announcements in the logs. I am running eggdrop 1.6.20.

Is there some flag to be used in the configuration file, or did I miss something while configuring?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Regards:
norbert79
R
Repepioras
Voice

about xml

Post by Repepioras »

how can make little hack on this script?
i need where set`s

"url" "hhtp://blabvlabla/rss=$var

sample: !rss name

set "url" hhtp://blabvlabla/rss=name

and bot all info about rss feed get from this link hhtp://blabvlabla/rss=name
u
unforgiving
Voice

not working

Post by unforgiving »

This script is not working anymore, I don't really knows what happens, but the script just retrieve the information only once. then if you use the trigger its always the same last 3 news.
k
kerum
Voice

Post by kerum »

I've got an issue.
When I rehash:

08:24   leetbot         • [08:25:51] Tcl error in file 'leetbot.conf':
 08:24   leetbot         • [08:25:51] list element in quotes followed by "channels"" instead of space
 08:24   leetbot         • while executing
 08:24   leetbot         • "array set tmp $rss($feed)"
 08:24   leetbot         • (procedure "::rss-synd::init" line 17)
 08:24   leetbot         • invoked from within
 08:24   leetbot         • "::rss-synd::init"
 08:24   leetbot         • (file "scripts/rss-synd.tcl" line 1004)
 08:24   leetbot         • invoked from within
 08:24   leetbot         • "source scripts/rss-synd.tcl"
 08:24   leetbot         • (file "leetbot.conf" line 1395)
 08:24   leetbot         • [08:25:51] * CONFIG FILE NOT LOADED (NOT FOUND, OR ERROR)
What's going on?
s
sammy-90
Voice

Post by sammy-90 »

imoro wrote:Hi,

can someone tell me how I can use the rss-synd-shortlink script?

Thanks, moro
me too... hi all I am starting to use eggdrop and all its features but this is the little bit feature more I really desire to use... the rss-synd-shortlink. So anyone can help us to use it? :?: :roll:
l
littledaga
Voice

Post by littledaga »

Hoping some can help me with the output from rss-synd

Using latest version of rss-synd.tcl
RSS feed - http://www.abgx.net/rss/abcp/posted.rss

Output in channel is
Req 3962 - The_History_Channel_Battle_For_The_Pacific_EUR_PS3-Googlecus PAL BLURAY ggl-thcbftpe 48x50MB

Script is
"output" "\0037[a.b.console.ps3]\003 @@item!title@@"

How can I remove the req ID and PAL BLURAY ggl-thcbftpe 48x50MB.

Cheers
Si