This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Search Google chanset problem

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
R
RoboCop
Voice

Search Google chanset problem

Post by RoboCop »

Hello I'm trying to use a Google Search Bot from SGoogle v 0.9.9.3 from samu in here:

http://www.egghelp.org/tclhtml/3478-4-0-0-1-google.htm

I've loaded most of the important TCL modules like HTML Parse and so on for this script, but when I loaded the DCC console and typed ".chanset #channel +sgoogle" It shows that "I need .help"

I don't know why this is failing. Now is there a better altenative to this TCL script that is less messy and complex? Because no matter how I try and fix it the DCC doesn't seem to be working!
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

You get that error cos you don't seem to have access to use that command. .whois on your user nane and see what flags you got.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
R
RoboCop
Voice

Post by RoboCop »

Well when I used .whois on some of the existing username it says "You do not have access to whois handles other than your own." I tried using it on the own username on CMD DCC console but I cannot figure it out and it is a hard progress for myself single handedly.
Madalin
Master

Post by Madalin »

As caesar said you dont have the appropiate flag to use .chanset command. Is that your eggdrop or someone gave you access on that? You need to be the owner of the eggdrop to use .chanset command have (n = owner) as flag (global access) or have a script that has public commands to activate it at a low level flag
R
RoboCop
Voice

Post by RoboCop »

It is owned by me this EggDrop IRC Bot - hosted on my own Linux Server. How do you make it work and set myself as owner for this script? This is my first year since I tried EggDrop.
Madalin
Master

Post by Madalin »

Well when you first started the bot you had to /msg botnick hello and then set a password like /msg botnick pass password. After this you should have joined partyline /ctcp botnick chat enter nickname and password and add your hostname .+host handle hostname

If you didnt followed this steps you could erase the .user file and re-add yourself. Keep in mind to have the same nickname as the one at set owner line
R
RoboCop
Voice

Post by RoboCop »

OK I got it now thanks!