This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

quoteland.tcl - Quotes from quoteland.com

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
username
Op

quoteland.tcl - Quotes from quoteland.com

Post by username »

Hello and Happy New Year.
This script post quotes from quoteland.com to channel and save them to txt file, so you can search quotes with keywords and use this script when website down or bot didnt have internet connection.
# Random quote.
<tvrsh> !ql
<@bionic> 109 :: Mankind, Man :: My skull, my eyes, my nose three times, my jaw, my shoulder, my chest, two fingers, a knee, everything from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. Listing what body parts he has broken
<@bionic> Jackie Chan

# Search with keyword 'love'.
<tvrsh> !ql love
<@bionic> 5/6 :: Music :: Mozart has the classic purity of light and the blue ocean; Beethoven the romantic grandeur which belongs to the storms of air and sea, and while the soul of Mozart seems to dwell on the ethereal peaks of Olympus, that of Beethoven climbs shuddering the storm-beaten sides of a Sinai. Blessed be they both! Each represents a moment of the ideal life, each does us good. Our love is due to both.
<@bionic> Henri Frederic Amiel
Download: quoteland.tcl
Архив TCL скриптов для ботов Eggdrop/Windrop:
http://egghelp.ru/
play4free2
Voice

Post by play4free2 »

I just started using this, Nice work :)

I was wondering would it be possible for the out put to look like this to where the authors name is on the same line as the quote:
# Random quote.
<tvrsh> !ql
<@bionic> 109 :: Mankind, Man :: My skull, my eyes, my nose three times, my jaw, my shoulder, my chest, two fingers, a knee, everything from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. Listing what body parts he has broken. Author: Jackie Chan
420-HIGHTIMES IRC Network
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Try with replacing:

Code: Select all

::quoteland::printquote "$quotestotal$quoteland(color2)$quotelandtopic $quoteland(color3)\002::\002 $quoteland(color1)$quotelandquote\003" "$chan"
    ::quoteland::printquote "$quoteland(color2)$quotelandauthor\003" "$chan"
with:

::quoteland::printquote "$quotestotal$quoteland(color2)$quotelandtopic $quoteland(color3)\002::\002 $quoteland(color1)$quotelandquote\003 Author: $quoteland(color2)$quotelandauthor\003" "$chan"
Notice that the second line was removed and first has been changed to include the stuff the second one had.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
play4free2
Voice

Post by play4free2 »

I tried it caesar but it gives the same result as the original code it puts the Author on the second line.

I put this line in both places that is appears in the original:

::quoteland::printquote "$quotestotal$quoteland(color2)$quotelandtopic $quoteland(color3)\002::\002 $quoteland(color1)$quotelandquote\003 Author: $quoteland(color2)$quotelandauthor\003" "$chan" 
Edit: I read the code further and found the third spot that the code had to be changed.

Edit 2: After changing the the third spot !gl worked fine however !ql <keyword> gives a error. So I just reloaded the original and changed line #150 to:

::quoteland::printquote "$quotestotal$quoteland(color2)$quotelandtopic $quoteland(color3)\002::\002 $quoteland(color1)$quotelandquote $quoteland(color3)\002::\002$quoteland(color2) Author $quoteland(color3)\002::\002 $quoteland(color1)$quotelandauthor\003" "$chan"
Now !ql <keyword> works with No error but it has the same output as the original code.
420-HIGHTIMES IRC Network