This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

BogusTrivia team trivia?

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
b
bosseb
Voice

Post by bosseb »

Hey SpiKe^^

Any chance of adding a team function/mode ?
SpiKe^^
Owner

Post by SpiKe^^ »

Let's say we want to add some sort of team trivia play to Bogus...

I have never played any of the trivias that do team play & have no idea how that even plays out.

Please tell me how Bogus team trivia would work....
How would it be started and when does it end?
How are teams picked?
Do points earned for team play add to someones lifetime points?
and so many other fine points must be defined...

Please discuss here exactly how Bogus team trivia would play out & maybe we could make that happen.
SpiKe^^

Get BogusTrivia 2.06.4.7 at www.mytclscripts.com
or visit the New Tcl Acrhive at www.tclarchive.org
b
bosseb
Voice

Post by bosseb »

SpiKe^^ wrote:Let's say we want to add some sort of team trivia play to Bogus...

I have never played any of the trivia's that do team play & have no idea how that even plays out.
I haven't either :) but it's something I'd like to be able to :)
SpiKe^^ wrote: Please tell me how Bogus team trivia would work....
How would it be started and when does it end?
If one could define ways in the config file ie. either a set point score
or a timelimit for games.
SpiKe^^ wrote: How are teams picked?
Again it would be nice to be able to set this in config file, that you'd get to choose from something like
Randomly create teams = 1 ; where it(bogus trivia) would set up the teams by itself by picking people in the channel who has entered a command like .play team or something to show that they are available/active..
(of course you'd have to predefine max amount of teams if randomly create teams is enabled)

or

Randomly create teams = 0 ; where players themselves get to pick their own teams, with something like .play team green (would create the team green for the first player that entered that, and if someone else entered that they would join that team) and where it would not allow unfair teams (like.. 4/1) (though, that should be a config option as well ;) )

SpiKe^^ wrote:Do points earned for team play add to someones lifetime points?
and so many other fine points must be defined...

Please discuss here exactly how Bogus team trivia would play out & maybe we could make that happen.
as most cases, let such be options in a config file, that way each owner
can decide for themselves how they'd prefer to run/setup the game(s)
lots of options always a good thing :)
SpiKe^^
Owner

Post by SpiKe^^ »

Anyone else have any ideas on how bogus team trivia should work¿?
SpiKe^^

Get BogusTrivia 2.06.4.7 at www.mytclscripts.com
or visit the New Tcl Acrhive at www.tclarchive.org
b
bosseb
Voice

Post by bosseb »

what are your thoughts on it SpiKe^^ ?
K
Koo
Voice

Post by Koo »

That's a nice idea to be honest.

I believe I've seen someone modified BogusTrivia by adding team play somewhere before. Too bad I didn't stay long enough to figure out how it worked and more importantly, it was not in English. :?
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

SpiKe^^ wrote:Anyone else have any ideas on how bogus team trivia should work¿?
You could check out #multirpg - it is on most IRC networks these days, efnet, quakenet, dalnet, freenode, it's just about everywhere. And then there's their website - from which you can check the commands for team and see how they function.

It doesn't have to be the same, but something like that would be great for your user's.
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

If anyone runs a bot, and that bot serves a purpose like uno, trivia, whatever.... they should be prepared to make it unique, different, they should know how to code and how to be able to make the necessary changes in order to move the project forward. Better features, regular development of a testbot, as not to affect the current main gamebot.
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.