This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Cricket RSS Feeds TCL Script

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
C
ChrisBruce
Voice

Cricket RSS Feeds TCL Script

Post by ChrisBruce »

As you know more than 1 billion people are suffering from WorldCup 2015 fever these days. I'm dare enough to admit I'm also one of them. :wink:

Well, I've done more than enough search to find a working Cricket RSS Feeds TCL Script. Actually I was looking for a "Live Ball to Ball Commentary" Script getting feeds from "cricinfo" or "cricbuzz", but soon I got to know that there is nothing like that shared over anywhere. A very few who got such scripts are not willing to share that anyway.

I then decided to make a Relay Script to relay "Live Ball to Ball Commentary" from cricinfo's IRC Network (SouthBend.IN.US.StarLink.Org). I made a successful one on MSL, but then I got to know cricinfo only post Domestic Matches commentary over there on their IRC Network and not WorldCup2015. That was disappointing and sad.

Anyhow, I realised that to get Live Ball to Ball Commentary is not my cup of tea, and started searching a "RSS Feeds TCL Script" for live Scores and News getting feeds from either "cricinfo" or "cricbuzz". I found some posts/threads under relative topic but unluckily couldn't find a single "working" one. My bad.

So, I decided to place a request over here with the hope that there might be someone who really knows the idea behind "opensource". :D

I wonder If anyone of you l33t coders/scripters could share an already made "configured cricket RSS Feeds TCL/Script", that can get "live scores and latest news" on automated process (after every 1 min or 2)?
OR
could make one for me/us?

Any effort would be highly appreciated.

Thankyou and Cheers.

P.S: That would be the share of a century If one could share a "Live Ball to Ball Commentary Script/TCL" getting feeds from "cricinfo" or "cricbuzz".
Entrepreneur
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

It may be possible, looking at the espncricinfo.com site, but there are many factors and elements that 'could' be added, not just for stats.

You could try using an rss reader, to parse various info from various feeds into your channel - www.espncricinfo.com/rss - which includes the 2015 world cup and possible play-by-play or ball-by-ball action you're looking for.

I understand that most people don't share their scripts, especially if it's a script that does what no other script does, which gives that person or channel an advantage and therefore something that will cause people to join there for the info/game/etc.

Hopefully someone can either assist you in making a script (you should have a basic knowledge of TCL. If you don't, please start learning immediately, it will make things a lot easier for you, and dealing with your eggdrops), or you could use something like RSSSynd - an eggdrop RSS reader, and add lots of feeds to it so you don't miss any action.
A common link for RSS feeds ends with *.xml - like: http://www.espncricinfo.com/rss/content ... 509587.xml - which is the 2014/2015 WC info.
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.
a
apnihost
Voice

Post by apnihost »

im the owner iB0T ... your need live commentry script or just score / news script?
C
ChrisBruce
Voice

Post by ChrisBruce »

Get_A_Fix wrote:It may be possible, looking at the espncricinfo.com site, but there are many factors and elements that 'could' be added, not just for stats.

You could try using an rss reader, to parse various info from various feeds into your channel - www.espncricinfo.com/rss - which includes the 2015 world cup and possible play-by-play or ball-by-ball action you're looking for.

I understand that most people don't share their scripts, especially if it's a script that does what no other script does, which gives that person or channel an advantage and therefore something that will cause people to join there for the info/game/etc.

Hopefully someone can either assist you in making a script (you should have a basic knowledge of TCL. If you don't, please start learning immediately, it will make things a lot easier for you, and dealing with your eggdrops), or you could use something like RSSSynd - an eggdrop RSS reader, and add lots of feeds to it so you don't miss any action.
A common link for RSS feeds ends with *.xml - like: http://www.espncricinfo.com/rss/content ... 509587.xml - which is the 2014/2015 WC info.
Yes I have already started learning TCL. In fact have not done anything else than reading and learning TCLs for the last two days. I have successfully made that RSSSynd IRC BOT, that gets live rss feeds from cricinfo. It shows scores on !score and news on trigger !news. I am more than happy on making a working TCL script, but to be honest it didn't require much of a coding either. It was like a super easy task to build such a Bot.

But I'm not satisfied with it. I really need a Live ball to ball commentary script and that's not my cup of tea. :D
Last edited by ChrisBruce on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Entrepreneur
C
ChrisBruce
Voice

Post by ChrisBruce »

apnihost wrote:im the owner iB0T ... your need live commentry script or just score / news script?
I'd love to request for a Live Ball to Ball Commentary Script (not a relayer).

Trust me, that would be a share of the century. :P
Entrepreneur
a
apnihost
Voice

Post by apnihost »

check this link i upload again file

http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=18451
M
MichaelDillon
Voice

Post by MichaelDillon »

I am also a big fan of cricket and as world cup started, I can only see cricket everywhere. My favorite team is Australia,which is doing good, with 8 points in pool A. Hope to see Australia in finals. If you want score updates and news related to world cup you can go with sports news australia online, where you can find all recent updates.
Michael J Dillon
s
sumedh
Voice

Post by sumedh »

I'd also like to get a Live ball to ball commentary script for this IPL season :)