This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

botnetop.tcl not asking for invites.

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
r
rco133
Voice

botnetop.tcl not asking for invites.

Post by rco133 »

Hi.

I have a few bots linked by netbots.tcl, and everything worked just fine under Debian wheezy, eggdrop 1.6.19 and netbots 4.09.

After the upgrade to Debian Jessie, I had to start using eggdrop 1.8.

Ever since that update, the bots only asks for invite to +i channels when they are first startet or an .restart is issued.

If I do a .jump or the bot for some other reason gets disconnected from IRC and then reconnects Again, the bot only joins the +k channels and nothing else happens.

When I do a .stat, the +i channels is clearly shown as (not on channel), but for whatever reason, a request for invite to those channels, is never sent by the bot. It just sits there, until I do a .restart or kill the bot and start it again.

Its as if botnetop for some reason thinks that it is on the channel, eventhough it clearly isn't.

When I do a .channel #<channel> I get the following reply:

Desiring channel #<channel>, 29 members, mode +ipstnk <key>:
End of channel info.

Anyone have any idea what can be wrong?

Looks like it is something related to some difference in eggdrop 1.6.19 and 1.8.03.

Thanks in advance.

rco133