This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
C
Casey952
Voice

Post by Casey952 »

I am having some issues with the AntiSpam bot.

In DCC it says AntiSpam connecting to server, and says it a few times before it gets connected.

Then it gets disconnected connection timed out after a minute or so, and then reconnects with a second bot name and then another bot name about 3 of them in the channel.

When you join the channel, and you get the checking for spam message the bot sends you, you get several checking for spam messages from the one bot.

The bots in the channel do not get disconnected from the network being a dead connection. When you die the bot from DCC, all bots disconnect.

This is with a plain 4.7 with nothing touched and AntiSpam enabled

Eggdrop 1.6.21 AllProtection 4.7
Charybdis Server on a VPS my network

I have tried to bypass the connection class limits and tried another port and server which didn't help.
s
simo
Revered One

Post by simo »

greetings i was wondering how to get this script set ban first then do the kick
to prevent quick rejoin after kick since it seems to do the kick first than the ban
a
aleepervaiz
Voice

Post by aleepervaiz »

Hi Sir,
Hope you are doin great. i need some help from you. I want to add kick counter in my current tcl. i want my eggdrop to add the kick number in the kick message. i am already using allprotection which comes with kick counter and it saves the text file of kick numbers. So now i wanted to add the kick counter in another tcl and that should read the kick number from that text file and also add +1 in the existing text file

Regards,
Ali Pervaiz
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

aleepervaiz wrote:
....that should read the kick number from that text file

This should help get your started:

http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?p=33712#33712

p.s.

aleepervaiz:

It would probably be best for you to find the proper area here in the forums, and start your own thread. :)
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !
a
aleepervaiz
Voice

Post by aleepervaiz »

thanks willyw
s
simo
Revered One

ban first then kick

Post by simo »

i am using allprotection.tcl for a while and was wondering why kick is executed first and not ban setting cause many client have the option for instant join after kick so it seems inieffiecient so set kick first then the ban part

is there a way to change that

tnx
O
OPAgusta
Voice

Antispam bot connecting to different server

Post by OPAgusta »

I first used this script on Dalnet and antispam bot connected to Dalnet, no problemo.

The problem came when I decided to move to another server. I edited the bot.conf file accordingly, delete my bot.chan files. The main bot connects to another server, no problem, but the antispam bot still connects to Dalnet.

The antispam bot is disabled by default so I used .chanset command, and I could see it connected to dalnet. I went to dalnet and whois the antispam bot and it is there.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Migrated to Github!

Post by Sir_Fz »

Hello everyone,

It's been a while!

Given that there are several feature requests or issues reported here that I never found the time to address, I've decided to move the source code into my Github page so others (and perhaps myself as well) would easily be able to contribute with Pull requests (or even be added as collaborators).

Feel free to open issues and submit your PRs!

Link: https://github.com/sirfz/allprotection.tcl

Note: v4.8 is the same as v4.7, only changes are synthetic.

Thank you!
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Re: ban first then kick

Post by Sir_Fz »

simo wrote:i am using allprotection.tcl for a while and was wondering why kick is executed first and not ban setting cause many client have the option for instant join after kick so it seems inieffiecient so set kick first then the ban part

is there a way to change that

tnx
I had some time on me so I played around with the script and did some changes and what not. Implemented the bk (ban + kick) punishment method. Please try it out in version 4.9b from https://github.com/sirfz/allprotection.tcl/releases
OPAgusta wrote:I first used this script on Dalnet and antispam bot connected to Dalnet, no problemo.

The problem came when I decided to move to another server. I edited the bot.conf file accordingly, delete my bot.chan files. The main bot connects to another server, no problem, but the antispam bot still connects to Dalnet.

The antispam bot is disabled by default so I used .chanset command, and I could see it connected to dalnet. I went to dalnet and whois the antispam bot and it is there.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
As far as I'm concerned, the spambot connects to the same server as your Eggdrop (it uses the settings from your bot's config). Is it possible you forgot a DALnet server in the server list and the spambot connected to it?
aleepervaiz wrote:Hi Sir,
Hope you are doin great. i need some help from you. I want to add kick counter in my current tcl. i want my eggdrop to add the kick number in the kick message. i am already using allprotection which comes with kick counter and it saves the text file of kick numbers. So now i wanted to add the kick counter in another tcl and that should read the kick number from that text file and also add +1 in the existing text file

Regards,
Ali Pervaiz
you can call AllProtection's getkcount to get the kick numbers and integrate it in your script. For example

Code: Select all

putquick "KICK $chan $nick :get out of here! kick #[::AllProtection::getkcount]"
g
gasak
Halfop

Post by gasak »

I try the new version 4.9b but comes with this error:

Tcl error [::AllProtection::pubms swear]: invalid command name "punishments(kb)"
Tcl error [::AllProtection::pubms repeatl]: invalid command name "punishments(k)"
Tcl error [::AllProtection::pubms textc]: invalid command name "punishments(kb)"
Please advice. Thanks.
Learning Knows No Boundaries!!
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

gasak wrote:I try the new version 4.9b but comes with this error:

Tcl error [::AllProtection::pubms swear]: invalid command name "punishments(kb)"
Tcl error [::AllProtection::pubms repeatl]: invalid command name "punishments(k)"
Tcl error [::AllProtection::pubms textc]: invalid command name "punishments(kb)"
Please advice. Thanks.
Thanks for the feedback gasak. My TCL skills are in ruins, and I'm not testing any of the new changes (relying on user feedback). Please try the new release v4.9b3: https://github.com/sirfz/allprotection. ... tag/v4.9b3
c
creasy
Voice

Post by creasy »

Hello!
I've been having this error with v4.8 when I rehash the bot:

can't read "_VERSION": no such variable
    while executing
"ezilamn $_VERSION"
    (procedure "load" line 63)
    invoked from within
"load"
    (in namespace eval "::AllProtection" script line 2642)
    invoked from within
"namespace eval AllProtection {

# Basic declarations: (don't touch)
variable declr
foreach declr {textl textc notcl notcc capsp repeatf codesf adexemp..."
    (file "scripts/allprotection.tcl" line 153)
    invoked from within
"source scripts/allprotection.tcl"
When I start the bot it starts up fine, but when I rehash it it crashes. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

creasy wrote:Hello!
I've been having this error with v4.8 when I rehash the bot:

can't read "_VERSION": no such variable
    while executing
"ezilamn $_VERSION"
    (procedure "load" line 63)
    invoked from within
"load"
    (in namespace eval "::AllProtection" script line 2642)
    invoked from within
"namespace eval AllProtection {

# Basic declarations: (don't touch)
variable declr
foreach declr {textl textc notcl notcc capsp repeatf codesf adexemp..."
    (file "scripts/allprotection.tcl" line 153)
    invoked from within
"source scripts/allprotection.tcl"
When I start the bot it starts up fine, but when I rehash it it crashes. Any ideas what could be wrong?
I thought I've already fixed this issue way back but seems it never got to this branch (my bad). Re-download it now from https://github.com/sirfz/allprotection. ... s/tag/v4.8

I'd appreciate it if you could try out the more recent and slightly improved version 4.9b3 and give feedback if possible.
c
creasy
Voice

Post by creasy »

Thank you that fixed it! Both versions seem to be working fine.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

creasy wrote:Thank you that fixed it! Both versions seem to be working fine.
Great, thanks for the feedback.