This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

BogusTrivia: Bogus Trivial in Spanish?

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
j
juanamores
Master

BogusTrivia: Bogus Trivial in Spanish?

Post by juanamores »

I need to install this trivial but completely in Spanish.
At least the questions and answers.
Is posible?
If you do not understand my ideas is because I can not think in English, I help me with Google Translate. I only speak Spanish. Bear with me. Thanks :)
SpiKe^^
Owner

Post by SpiKe^^ »

Translating the entire BogusTrivia script is completely possible, just a little time consuming and complicated. Many before you have successfully completed that task. You have to track down each line of text that the bot uses for display, and change that text to what you would like it to say instead.

Be very careful when changing things in a tcl script, as messing up will keep the script from loading. Test your work often, and always keep a backup of the last progress that did load without error. If your next edit breaks the bot, go back to your last good backup and try again. Only do one or 2 edits at a time before testing, so you don't lose to much work when you break the script.

Some of the display text is very hard to find in the script, you can ask me to help you find those as your translation progresses.

The questions/answers are a whole different matter. The questions that are packaged with the script are just intended to be a sample of what is possible with BogusTrivia, and how the file is formatted so a trivia script can read them. The included sample questions file was Never intended to be used as is. The choice of questions to use has Always been the responsibility of the trivia operator. I could never be expected to anticipate what questions anyone would prefer or what language they might want them in.

You will need to write/translate/steal/borrow a few thousand Spanish questions for your new trivia bot to read. If you can find any existing Spanish trivia script files, you can add them to the BogusTrivia database, regardless of the formatting of the questions/answers in that file. If you are going to write the questions yourself, the correct format to use is question*answer or question*answer*answer 2*answer 3 . Write one question*answer per line in a plain text file. When you have many lines/questions in that file you can add them to the database using the /msg .add command. Read about the .add command in the Commands.txt file included with the script.
SpiKe^^

Get BogusTrivia 2.06.4.7 at www.mytclscripts.com
or visit the New Tcl Acrhive at www.tclarchive.org
j
juanamores
Master

Post by juanamores »

It is an arduous task, perhaps someone already has questions and answers translated into Spanish .
I've seen your trivial running in Spanish in irc hispano.

Thanks SpiKe^^
If you do not understand my ideas is because I can not think in English, I help me with Google Translate. I only speak Spanish. Bear with me. Thanks :)
SpiKe^^
Owner

Post by SpiKe^^ »

juanamores wrote:It is an arduous task, ...
Speaking of arduous tasks, you should have tried to write the script from scratch:)
SpiKe^^

Get BogusTrivia 2.06.4.7 at www.mytclscripts.com
or visit the New Tcl Acrhive at www.tclarchive.org
j
juanamores
Master

Post by juanamores »

SpiKe^^ wrote:
juanamores wrote:It is an arduous task, ...
Speaking of arduous tasks, you should have tried to write the script from scratch:)
Obviously, your task in creating this mega game was more difficult , so I said in another post you were a genius my friend. :D