This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Pickup script anyone?

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
T
TheRedTurkey
Voice

Pickup script anyone?

Post by TheRedTurkey »

Hi folks, i am really new in the Eggdrop scene and need a working pickup script for our channel.

a Pickup script lets ppl add them selfs to a player-pool and set server-info. when enough players are in the pool, the bot PN's all participants the server info and resets the script. so that the next pickup-match can be started.

I tried the addme.tcl from ozh, wont work. someone here in the forum corrected MANY of the code cause it was wrong.
Anywasy it dont work :(

than i tried the play with friends script "pwf.tcl"

this "works", the eggdrop loads it but i cant get a match started.
authed, recognized and so on. everything fine. server info set and so on, but it doesnt start a match. even with the !enable command as a master or gameadmin.

next it thought : perhaps i'll write one myself. i did some coding with c++ a loooong time ago. to long... so i thought perhaps someone here will make ma a really simple pickupscript ?!

i dont need much.

- variable needed players count (2-8)
- !addme, !removeme, !adduser (only by Match-Captain, which is the first who adds himself to a new match)
- captain should set server name and password via private msg to Bot
- changing of topic with current match info
- priv msg with servername & password to all added users when player limit is reached
- reset after match starts

thats mostly the core stuff which i need.

would be great if someone could do that for me OR can point out a "good" and working pickup script.

if this works fine and gets popular i will make a web and or android/iphone interface for that. with only buttons and no need to type the commands manually.

its for a game where MANY ppl ask for a solutuion for a problem which this could fix!
Last edited by TheRedTurkey on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpiKe^^
Owner

Post by SpiKe^^ »

Were you looking for something like this Game-Pool script...

http://www.egghelp.org/tclhtml/3478-4-0 ... e-pool.htm
SpiKe^^

Get BogusTrivia 2.06.4.7 at www.mytclscripts.com
or visit the New Tcl Acrhive at www.tclarchive.org
T
TheRedTurkey
Voice

Post by TheRedTurkey »

SpiKe^^ wrote:Were you looking for something like this Game-Pool script...

oh yes! This looks great! thank you very much !

I will try this later today.
i would try now if i could get kitty or putty to run through our companies proxy :(

worst case would be for me to make something myself. will be time consuming, but better than having nothing ;)
T
TheRedTurkey
Voice

Post by TheRedTurkey »

SpiKe^^ wrote:Were you looking for something like this Game-Pool script...

Is it possible to change the script a bit?
i want it to start a pool everytime by itself. without interaction by an admin. now everytime an admin HAS TO start a new match with !pool.

thats counterproductive when no admin is online :(

is there a way like a timer which ends a started pool if the admin doesn't respond for a period of time?

otherwhise the pool would be stuck.
image someone starts a pool, than his computer crashes and the pool wont start or end. that would be bad :(

is there a way i could implement a timer? say 5 minutes and after that the pool gets reset so a new one can be started??