This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Asynchronous Connection Failed [Solved]

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
E
Esher
Voice

Asynchronous Connection Failed [Solved]

Post by Esher »

Hey all, been lurking about here for ages, but first time I've actually needed to post something!

I've been running my two bots for years on the same server without problem until today.

After upgrading my server from Fedora 20 to 21 (slowly getting it up to current) my bots stopped being able to connect to each other. I get the following errors:

On Xerxes (Leaf bot):
*** Linked to Kytania
[12:28:17] Downloading user file from Kytania
[12:28:22] Asynchronous connection failed!
*** Dropped bot: Kytania (lost 1 bot and 0 users)
[12:28:22] (Userlist download aborted.)

On Kytania (Hub bot):
*** Linked to Xerxes
[12:33:58] Creating resync buffer for Xerxes
[12:33:58] Sending user file send request to Xerxes
[12:33:58] Ending sharing with Xerxes (Can't connect to you!).
[12:33:58] (Userlist transmit aborted.)
[12:33:58] TLS: state change: SSL negotiation finished successfully
[12:33:58] net: eof!(read) socket 9
[12:33:58] Lost bot: Xerxes (lost 1 bot and 0 users).
*** Lost bot: Xerxes (lost 1 bot and 0 users)

Edit: Added information from .console +thd, though it provided very little more than without.

After the upgrade I did have to recompile them, but their configuration otherwise hasn't changed.

Edit: I should probably mention they're both running v1.8.0+infiniteinfo

They're both running on the same server, so using vhost setting in the .conf are bound to different IPs/interfaces. I've tried also regenerating their security keys & certs. Tried using a higher port range (They were previously in the 4000s range. Up to to 16000s range as another person on a different forum said that fixed his issue with Eggdrop 1.6 when this error occured). But nothing has worked so far.

I know it must be something that's changed in the operating system obviously, but I have no idea where to even start looking. Any ideas?
Last edited by Esher on Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E
Esher
Voice

Durrrrr...

Post by Esher »

:oops:

So I'm still not sure what cause this sudden change, since they were recompiled from the exact source as when I last upgraded them from 1.6 to 1.8 but I managed to fix the issue anyway.

Basically, I had to set the vhost & listen-addr on one of them, and leave the other not bound to a specific IP address. Suddenly they just started talking again after that.

Still not sure what change in Fedora 21 could have caused that, but at least its resolved for now.

Special thanks to _MaDaLiN_ for stopping by my channel to offer some advice, the script idea would have probably been the next thing I did. Because yes, as you guessed, its just userfile sharing I'm using the botnet for at the moment. :)

Hopefully one day this will help someone else having this weird problem. ^.^