This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Connecting to twitch IRC with OAUTH

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
^
^CJ^
Voice

Connecting to twitch IRC with OAUTH

Post by ^CJ^ »

Hey,

I'm trying to connect my bot to irc.twitch.tv which requires the use of an OAUTH token, I can't seem to find out how to do that, is it even possible with an Eggdrop? Are there any additional scripts required?
^
^CJ^
Voice

Post by ^CJ^ »

I just had the same problem again, so *bump*...
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

^CJ^ wrote:I just had the same problem again, so *bump*...
Again? After a year?
That implies that you had it working. So - what did you do to get it working this past year?
And - what has changed?
B
Busi
Voice

Post by Busi »

i guess it would be that the oath token is in this format

oauth:token

and you need oauth: i guss : is what messing up the connect info
p
pakatosu
Voice

Hello

Post by pakatosu »

Hey guys, does anyone find out how to solve the problem with the oauth for twitch tv ? I just looking all over the google and i didn't find anything witch can help me to login the eggdrop to irc server from there.

I even tryed :

irc.twitch.tv:6667 oauth:v2kkaejz9
irc.twitch.tv:6667:oauth:v2kkaejz9

nothing works and it dosen't exists any tcl for it, please can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance
Madalin
Master

Post by Madalin »

mmh as i recall i didnt set anything special to connect to twitch network. It has some weird modes but thats all.
p
pakatosu
Voice

Post by pakatosu »

Solved the problem already, another problem is the normal tcl's dosen't works there on the network, isn't like undernet,quakenet and so many other networks :-s kinda wierd !
S
SoftFrozen
Voice

Post by SoftFrozen »

pakatosu wrote:Solved the problem already, another problem is the normal tcl's dosen't works there on the network, isn't like undernet,quakenet and so many other networks :-s kinda wierd !
Would be nice if you could write what you did to solve the issue, so it could help other like me with the same issue.
SoftFrozen
^
^CJ^
Voice

Post by ^CJ^ »

willyw wrote:
^CJ^ wrote:I just had the same problem again, so *bump*...
Again? After a year?
That implies that you had it working. So - what did you do to get it working this past year?
And - what has changed?
oh no, I missed all your replies... No I never got it working, it just happens every couple of months that one of my users is trying to put their eggdrop in twitch... It seems to be working for some people using the standard format but not for me: http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?p=104833