This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Birdy (OAuth, Twitter, Tweets&MegaHAL v6.01d) Jun12,2013

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
N
Nocty
Voice

Found the issue

Post by Nocty »

Special thanks to thommey and chrfle over at #egghelp for helping me find the issue.

If you have other scripts that make http::register calls, you must comment out those calls and source twitter.tcl before them, otherwise the scripts will conflict with each other.
X
Xion
Voice

Post by Xion »

&Xion • +follow @citronresearch
16:46 twitt3r • OAuth failed: (401) Errors: [{code: 32; Message: could not authenticate you.}] ( ok )

Anyone that can help with this im stumped
NewzNZ
Halfop

Post by NewzNZ »

Hi - things working ok here..perhaps try re-generating your twitter oauth keys?
X
Xion
Voice

Post by Xion »

invalid command name "sha1::sha1"

I get that command doing +follow and !tweet. any ideas?
X
Xion
Voice

Post by Xion »

Does this do automatic retweeting? if so what am i missing to set it up?
N
Nocty
Voice

Mishandling Retweets and directed tweets (@username)

Post by Nocty »

Script is currently mishandling retweets or any tweet containing an @username reference, attributing them to the wrong Twitter handle:

Code: Select all

<Vlesk@Vlesk> Got some bomb ass viet food, my visa approved and Game of Thrones while spending time with the homie @Vlesk. Life is great today < (13s ago)
Tweet above is not by "Vlesk" but is directed to him "@Vlesk". This appears to cause the calls to screen name / user name to reference the last mentioned @ in the Tweet rather than the person originating it.

Retweets containing @ also have a related issue:

<Skyen@TBSkyen> RT @TBSkyen: @RiotQuickshot @BeccaCRoberts I only know one way to respond to amazing news https://t.co/n78aBf3rZu (0s ago)
This is a retweet of something by "TBSkyen" but is actually being retweeted by "RiotQuickShot"--this only seems to happen if the retweet starts with an @username as the below retweet displays correctly:

<FORG1VEN retweeting Erik van Helvert@TabzzLoL> RT @TabzzLoL: >take t2 tower botlane at 12 minutes (53s ago)
S
SignZ
Voice

Post by SignZ »

Really weird thing happening to my bot for the last couple days. Whenever I want to start it with the twitter.tcl loaded, I'm getting the following error:

[10:58:54] Tcl error in file 'eggdrop.conf':
[10:58:54] invalid command name "
[10:58:54] * CONFIG FILE NOT LOADED (NOT FOUND, OR ERROR)
I have no idea what exactly broke in the .tcl file (I redownloaded it already but without any luck of it working again).
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

Is that the whole crash message?

Also, examine eggdrop.conf carefully. (Have you recently made an edit to it? )
Do you have a line with just a " on it? As in perhaps a typo or accidental carriage return cause a " to move down a line?

It would be easy to prove that the problem is or is not in that script file.
Simply comment out the source line that loads it.

If your bot will then run normally, then the problem is either in that script file (and I think you'd see more in the crash message) or in the source line that tries to load it.

If the problem persists, then you know it is nothing to do with that script file or the line that loads it.
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !
S
SignZ
Voice

Post by SignZ »

Yup, that's the whole message (which really confuses me). I tried commenting out the line already (in fact, I have to do that to even start the bot).
If the eggdrop.conf got the following 4 lines, it won't start (showing the error above)

source scripts/sha1.tcl
source scripts/base64.tcl
source scripts/oauth.tcl
source scripts/twitter.tcl
Commenting it out

source scripts/sha1.tcl
source scripts/base64.tcl
source scripts/oauth.tcl
#source scripts/twitter.tcl
lets the bot start normally.

Just tried re-adding (uncommenting) the line, did a .restart on partyline and that resulted in

[14:44:57] <Cthulhu> [14:44:54] Tcl error in file 'eggdrop.conf':
[14:44:57] <Cthulhu> [14:44:54] invalid command name "
[14:44:57] <Cthulhu> [14:44:54] * CONFIG FILE NOT LOADED (NOT FOUND, OR ERROR)
again (strangely enough, in the partyline there's some hyphen-like symbol (which won't copy/paste properly over here) after the " in invalid command name " ). That can be seen Image here
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

Something came to mind...

I assume you are editing these script files, according to the directions in them, to configure them.

How do you go about that?
What are you using to edit them?
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !
S
SignZ
Voice

Post by SignZ »

The same program I've used for years, Notepad++.
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

SignZ wrote:The same program I've used for years, Notepad++.

So it is not likely that the problem is with the editor introducing something unwanted.

If you wish, pastebin the faulty script here:
http://paste.tclhelp.net/

and post the link to it here. Maybe somebody here can spot it.
Maybe the pastebin itself will point you to the error.
S
SignZ
Voice

Post by SignZ »

Did that and got a couple errors, heh.
http://paste.tclhelp.net/?id=ib6
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

SignZ wrote:Did that and got a couple errors, heh.
http://paste.tclhelp.net/?id=ib6
I'm not familiar with that command that the pastebin thinks is an error, and I haven't looked it up.

But, for the heck of it, I copy-n-pasted from that pastebin, into nano, and saved.

Made no edits.

For what it is worth....
That script loaded fine in a bot of mine. No crash.
s
silkvistor
Voice

Post by silkvistor »

i have a problem when added to multiple channel, its okey at 1st channel but in 2nd and 3rd channel not display. I already set here

set twitter(accts) {
	"#chan1|acct1|consumer_key1|consumer_secret1|access_token_key1|access_token_secret1"
	"#chan2|acct2|consumer_key2|consumer_secret2|access_token_key2|access_token_secret2"
	"#chan3|acct3|consumer_key3|consumer_secret3|access_token_key3|access_token_secret3"
}
Also

.chanset #channel1 +twitter
.chanset #channel2 +twitter
.chanset #channel3 +twitter
But nothing happen at chanel 2 & 3. Please help. Thx