This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Help Installing ZNC !

Help with usage of shell accounts and bouncers.
Fahad
Op

Help Installing ZNC !

Post by Fahad »

Hello, I am trying to Install ZNC but I always get this Error at the end. Please Help me with this...

ZNC was successfully compiled.
Use 'make install' to install ZNC to '/usr/local'.
Fahad@RuGaL:~/znc-1.6.4$ make install
test -d /usr/local/bin || /usr/bin/install -c -d /usr/local/bin
test -d /usr/local/include/znc || /usr/bin/install -c -d /usr/local/include/znc
/usr/bin/install: cannot change permissions of `/usr/local/include/znc': No such file or directory
make: * [install] Error 1

When I put " Make Install" I get This ERROR - What is this error called? I don't understand this?
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

The way you are installing the ZNC, it's using system wide config from /usr/local

To do it for your account only, use:

Code: Select all

./configure --prefix="$HOME/.local" --with-openssl=/usr/lib/ssl
For more help, check out the installation guide for ZNC
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

OK Thanks, I show how solve that problem, But i am getting this message while i am setting up my VHost...

Disconnected from IRC (Server address is IPv6-only, but bindhost is IPv4-only). Reconnecting...

I Put my IPv6 IP while setting up Vhost on on www.freedns.afraid.org. How to solve this problem?
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

Fahad wrote:OK Thanks, I show how solve that problem, But i am getting this message while i am setting up my VHost...

Disconnected from IRC (Server address is IPv6-only, but bindhost is IPv4-only). Reconnecting...

I Put my IPv6 IP while setting up Vhost on on www.freedns.afraid.org. How to solve this problem?
On your server, have you set your /etc/resolv.conf to announce nameservers for afraid.org? Did you set your IPv6 interface in /etc/network/interfaces ? If you're using apache, did you create a master zone inside /var/www for the domain you wish to use?
It's very difficult for me to say exactly what the problem is, I'm better at doing it myself than talking/walking someone through it.
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.
Ezekiel
Voice

Post by Ezekiel »

In your ZNC user profile at the BIND HOST need to enter the IP address and not the vhost for that to work..
If you added some new IPV6 first you need to check if these IP addresses are in your ifconfig or if they respond to ping, if they have reply... If not you can try, in your VPS cpanel, clicking on the 'Reconfigure Network' button, this should add your new IP addresses on the ifconfig and make them functional. If not just open a ticket to your hosting provider and tell them about the error.
Cheers!
Last edited by Ezekiel on Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

Ezekiel wrote:In your ZNC user profile at the BIND HOST need to enter the IP address and not the vhost for that to work..
If you added some new IPV6 first you need to check if these IP addresses are in your ifconfig or if they respod to ping, if they have reply... If not you can try, in your VPS cpanel, clicking on the 'Reconfigure Network' button, this should add your new IP addresses on the ifconfig and make them functional. If not just open a ticket to your hosting provider and tell them about the error.
Cheers!
ifconfig is the command to see/view the interfaces on the system, it reads what is added to /etc/network/interfaces. My question is to establish that the IPv6 address exists, once it's confirmed it does then Fahad can set/use it.

Alternatively, you can just type: ip -6 addr list
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

Get_A_Fix wrote:
Ezekiel wrote:In your ZNC user profile at the BIND HOST need to enter the IP address and not the vhost for that to work..
If you added some new IPV6 first you need to check if these IP addresses are in your ifconfig or if they respod to ping, if they have reply... If not you can try, in your VPS cpanel, clicking on the 'Reconfigure Network' button, this should add your new IP addresses on the ifconfig and make them functional. If not just open a ticket to your hosting provider and tell them about the error.
Cheers!
ifconfig is the command to see/view the interfaces on the system, it reads what is added to /etc/network/interfaces. My question is to establish that the IPv6 address exists, once it's confirmed it does then Fahad can set/use it.

Alternatively, you can just type: ip -6 addr list
<Fahad> ip -6 addr list
<*status> Unknown command [ip] try 'Help'?
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

How I set /etc/resolv.conf ???
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

<*status> ZNC 1.6.4 - http://znc.in
<*status> IPv6: yes, SSL: yes, DNS: threads, charset: no
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

Fahad wrote:<Fahad> ip -6 addr list
<*status> Unknown command [ip] try 'Help'?
That is a server command, not a ZNC command.
Fahad wrote:How I set /etc/resolv.conf ???
Use the nameservers given to you by afraid.org and add them to your /etc/resolv.conf or consult google if you don't understand what a nameserver is or how to set your resolv.conf file.
Fahad wrote: <*status> ZNC 1.6.4 - http://znc.in
<*status> IPv6: yes, SSL: yes, DNS: threads, charset: no
Just because you compiled ZNC with IPv6 support doesn't mean you have IPv6 addresses added to your server.
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

It is my IPv4 address. I Know it... What I do now?
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

Thank You - My Problem finally solved,