This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

psyBNC tcl for eggdrop

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
n
n0radx
Voice

psyBNC tcl for eggdrop

Post by n0radx »

Hello,

I need a tcl script - if possible - that can alow the eggdrop to connect to multiple bouncers, as an admin wich will not connect to any network - he will remain in the party line.

The fact:

I have multiple VMs, with only 1 IP, and I want to create a channel wich will provide psybnc users, free of charge. The bouncers will have 3 connections - the eggdrop (as an admin), wich will not connect and 3 users, wich will connect to the networks of their choice. If it`s possible to create a limit per network, that`s eaven better (ex: from the same ip, 3 on efnet, 3 on freenode, 3 on undernet + 1 admin wich will not connect)

Thanks!
Madalin
Master

Post by Madalin »

You could try znc it supports tcl scripting and i think you will find alot of scripts for automated znc request
a
anotherrace
Voice

Post by anotherrace »

eggdrop connecting to znc is easy:
http://wiki.znc.in/Eggdrop
but i was never able to connect eggdrop -> psybnc
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

anotherrace wrote:eggdrop connecting to znc is easy:
http://wiki.znc.in/Eggdrop
but i was never able to connect eggdrop -> psybnc
As long as you use the correct listen port and ident/account, it will work. Some user's enable port 113 (ident) or run an identd (ident daemon) like oidentd. These make the account the default and make it difficult to change, so if it doesn't match you get a "password error" notice. I've used psyBNC nearly my entire IRC life, since 1997.
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.