This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Re: rehash

Post by Sir_Fz »

gembels wrote:Hi Sir_Fz,

I am one of your fans... I just wondering.. I did some modification in your code just to make the antispam can change their ip, ident and nick every time they cycles. But to do that, so far I am using rehash command, i know its not right or so blatantly. is there anyway to kill the antispam bot with proc and reconnect again ?

Thanks in advance
If you look at the antispamcore procedure, you'll find this code snippet for disconnecting the antispam bot:

Code: Select all

putdcc $antispam(idx) quit
Basically, you can just disconnect the bot and make it reconnect with a new host.
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

When the FINAL VERSION is coming this is still BETA Rite ?

ALL PROTECTION 4.9b4
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Do you have any problems with it or is there any feature you'd like to add? Otherwise it's pretty final for me. In other words, I'm not working on it at all and not planning to as long as there's no feedback or user interest.
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

Sir_Fz wrote:Do you have any problems with it or is there any feature you'd like to add? Otherwise it's pretty final for me. In other words, I'm not working on it at all and not planning to as long as there's no feedback or user interest.
I have 100% Interest in this TCL and rite now there is nothing to add if there is anything to add i will tell you and one thing MASS/JOIN flood it doesn't control well. So for that I put another TCL from SPIKE^^^ otherwise it's fine
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Fahad wrote:I have 100% Interest in this TCL and rite now there is nothing to add if there is anything to add i will tell you and one thing MASS/JOIN flood it doesn't control well. So for that I put another TCL from SPIKE^^^ otherwise it's fine
What's missing in mass join? We can enhance it if necessary to cover any missing features.
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

It does not stop the flood. In AP but in Spike tcl its keep on setting -Rm
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Really? All you had to do was to copy/paste at the end of Spike's code the one I said and replace one line with another and the issue would have been fixed. But nooo.. you are too lazy. :roll:
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

OK i'll do that, and will let you know if something happens.
m4s
Halfop

Nickban - *nick*!*@*

Post by m4s »

Hello,

First of all thank you for this script, it is really good and works fine for me. :)

I have a request and a question regarding to nickbans.

Is it possible to add a new ban mask? *nick*!*@*. I think it would be useful.

The question is: I want the nickbans to be permanent. How can I enable/set it?
I never want to remove nickbans.

Thanks for the replies! :)
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Re: Nickban - *nick*!*@*

Post by Sir_Fz »

The closest ban mask to what you're requesting is banmask 11 (nick!*@*) which makes more sense than what you're requesting IMHO. If you ban *Orange*!*@* then it'll match Orange and MrOrange for example, which is a bit extreme if you ask me. However, if this is really a feature that you need I don't mind adding it.

As for placing permanent bans, just set the ban time to 0 in the punishment setting of any flood type.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Fahad wrote:
caesar wrote:Really? All you had to do was to copy/paste at the end of Spike's code the one I said and replace one line with another and the issue would have been fixed. But nooo.. you are too lazy. :roll:
OK i'll do that, and will let you know if something happens.
lol, I still have no idea what the problem with mass join protection is. "Doesn't work" isn't much helpful.

@caesar I'd appreciate your help on this one since you seem to know what he's talking about?
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

@Sir_Fz Sorry for hijacking your topic, he was talking about this topic and he's too lazy to add a small piece of code at the end of the existing one he has and swap a single line with a new one to use the newly added code in order to fix the bug he mentioned above.

That code is tailored for a specific specific pattern to deal with mass joins, worth a read imho.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
Fahad
Op

Post by Fahad »

I was not lazy to add code. I was just afraid if i make some mistake and here i was talking about his sir_fz tcl not the other one. Which you gave me code.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

caesar wrote:@Sir_Fz Sorry for hijacking your topic, he was talking about this topic and he's too lazy to add a small piece of code at the end of the existing one he has and swap a single line with a new one to use the newly added code in order to fix the bug he mentioned above.

That code is tailored for a specific specific pattern to deal with mass joins, worth a read imho.
Thanks for clearing it out. So, join flood protection is working but missing the following features:
  • 1. Detect join flood from users with same nick!nick*@*
    2. Detect join flood from users with same nick*!*@*
This should be fairly simple to integrate since the join flood feature already supports join flood from same *!ident@* (by enabling the joinflood(checkident) setting). I guess the above should be merged with this setting or have their own separate settings. Feedback/code contributions are appreciated.
g
gembels
Voice

Re: rehash

Post by gembels »

Sir_Fz wrote:
gembels wrote:Hi Sir_Fz,

I am one of your fans... I just wondering.. I did some modification in your code just to make the antispam can change their ip, ident and nick every time they cycles. But to do that, so far I am using rehash command, i know its not right or so blatantly. is there anyway to kill the antispam bot with proc and reconnect again ?

Thanks in advance
If you look at the antispamcore procedure, you'll find this code snippet for disconnecting the antispam bot:

Code: Select all

putdcc $antispam(idx) quit
Basically, you can just disconnect the bot and make it reconnect with a new host.
Tested with putdcc $antispam(idx) quit

It didnt change ident, realname and IP, it just change the nickname only.