This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Install Eggdrop 1.6.21

Help with usage of shell accounts and bouncers.
A
Amilcar
Voice

Install Eggdrop 1.6.21

Post by Amilcar »

Hi,

I want to install eggdrop 1.6.21 in my shell but my shell compatible to install eggdrop 1.6.8 only.

Haw to compile it to installing eggdrop 1.6.21 ?

Thanks.
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
A
Amilcar
Voice

Post by Amilcar »

Hi,

This is not a solution, I want install eggdrop 1.6.21 on my shell Linux 4.9.0-4-amd64 compatible only to install eggdrops 1.8.*
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Hi,
First of all, I'm not sure why your shell would be incompatible with 1.6.21... or is it simply that you are trying to install some .rpm/.deb/etc package?

The traditional way of installing any version of eggdrop, is to download the appropriate source, run the configure-script, resolve any missing libraries, and finally building the binary/module using make... If you can't find a suitable package for your specific distribution, this is pretty much your only option... (which is pretty much what the link posted by Caesar tells you)
NML_375
w
willyw
Revered One

Re: Install Eggdrop 1.6.21

Post by willyw »

A guess -

Visit:
http://eggwiki.org/Main_Page
and scroll down to:
Tcl related issues
In that section, find:
I installed the tcl-dev package but eggdrop doesn't find it on my new operating system (Ubuntu 14, etc.)
and click on it. Read that. See if you think that is at all about your problem with 1.6.21

Why do you want to install 1.6.21 though? Why not use the latest version?
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !