egghelp.org community Forum Index
[ egghelp.org home | forum home ]
egghelp.org community
Discussion of eggdrop bots, shell accounts and tcl scripts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Install Eggdrop 1.6.21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Shell & Bouncer Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amilcar
Voice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Install Eggdrop 1.6.21 Reply with quote

Hi,

I want to install eggdrop 1.6.21 in my shell but my shell compatible to install eggdrop 1.6.8 only.

Haw to compile it to installing eggdrop 1.6.21 ?

Thanks.
caesar
Ass Kicker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out How do I update / upgrade my Eggdrop to the latest version?. Oldie but goldie. Smile
Amilcar
Voice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

This is not a solution, I want install eggdrop 1.6.21 on my shell Linux 4.9.0-4-amd64 compatible only to install eggdrops 1.8.*
nml375
Revered One

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
First of all, I'm not sure why your shell would be incompatible with 1.6.21... or is it simply that you are trying to install some .rpm/.deb/etc package?

The traditional way of installing any version of eggdrop, is to download the appropriate source, run the configure-script, resolve any missing libraries, and finally building the binary/module using make... If you can't find a suitable package for your specific distribution, this is pretty much your only option... (which is pretty much what the link posted by Caesar tells you)
willyw
Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Install Eggdrop 1.6.21 Reply with quote

A guess -

Visit:
http://eggwiki.org/Main_Page
and scroll down to:
Tcl related issues
In that section, find:
I installed the tcl-dev package but eggdrop doesn't find it on my new operating system (Ubuntu 14, etc.)
and click on it. Read that. See if you think that is at all about your problem with 1.6.21

Why do you want to install 1.6.21 though? Why not use the latest version?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Shell & Bouncer Help All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: