This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Pandorabot.tcl

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
M
Merky
Voice

Post by Merky »

Koach wrote:Hi Merky,

I can't duplicate your error. What did you type when you received the error?

Although I didn't write this script, I can probably get it fixed, and any info you can provide will help.

Thanks,
Koach
i type "fovea" bro......
g
gevermalc
Voice

Post by gevermalc »

Jonny12 wrote:Well, the website seems to be back up, but I am still getting the 301 Moved Permanently message. Is your bot working in IRC, willyw?

Thanks to all who are helping.
301, "Moved Permanently"

The HTTP response status code 301 Moved Permanently is used for permanent URL redirection, meaning current links or records using the URL that the response is received for should be updated. The 301 response from the Web server should always include an alternative URL to which redirection should occur. If it does, a Web browser will immediately retry the alternative URL. This is the best way to ensure that users and search engines are directed to the correct page. The 301 status code means that a page has permanently moved to a new location.
r
roger
Halfop

curl question

Post by roger »

Tcl error [talkto_pub]: couldn't execute "curl": no such file or directory

getting this error?

haven't a clue where to look
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

You get that for one of two reasons:

1. You are running a windrop (Windows' eggdrop) and it lacks the curl executable, so most likely you would have to search for a binary on Google (like this first result for example) and change this line:

Code: Select all

set pandata [exec curl -sSL $pandurl] 
to the exact curl executable file name that should be in the same folder as the windrop executable.

or

2. If you are using an eggdrop on a linux OS then your system lacks curl, so just install it. If you got a distro based on Debian (like Ubuntu or Mint Linux for example) then just apt install curl as root (or add sudo in front of apt if you don't know how to change user from regular to root) should do it. For others just look-up on google how to install a package.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
r
roger
Halfop

curl

Post by roger »

you hit it right, i'm on linux, installed curl and it works beautifly
thank you
much appreciated
Roger :D
r
roger
Halfop

newprob

Post by roger »

not sure if related but since i installed pandora, i can't dcc the bot. anyway pandora can cause this?
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Nope, there should be a coincidence or something. Try telnet and then try with DCC Chat and see what errors you get.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
r
roger
Halfop

fixed

Post by roger »

nope wasn't a prob with pandora, looked at user file and it was empty, reloaded from back up and all is fime
thank you sir for responding
Z
Zuberlan
Voice

Post by Zuberlan »

How does this work if you are using the new AI engine at "https://home.pandorabots.com/home.html"? I believe this is called AIML 2.0 now. This engine does not give you a botid anymore and the URLs now require keys.
r
roger
Halfop

bot

Post by roger »

this is an old one created by someone else
Z
Zuberlan
Voice

Post by Zuberlan »

Are there any plans for a script to be made that works for the new AI engine on eggdrop?
K
Koach
Voice

Post by Koach »

Zuberlan wrote:Are there any plans for a script to be made that works for the new AI engine on eggdrop?
I don't know of any plans, but I sure would like to see one. Unfortunately, that task is beyond my abilities :(