This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

stats.mod for eggdrop 1.8

Discussion of Eggdrop's code and module programming in C.
C
CP1832
Halfop

stats.mod for eggdrop 1.8

Post by CP1832 »

Hi guys:

I'm trying to install stats.mod 1.4.0dev20 on eggdrop 1.8.0 but it's failing to compile. Checking on Florian Sander's github I found a branch called eggdrop-1.8 but that one fails on install as well. Has anyone managed to make this module work on eggdrop 1.8.0 (or later)?

Thanks in advance.
w
willyw
Revered One

Re: stats.mod for eggdrop 1.8

Post by willyw »

I haven't tried that specifically.

However, I did remember seeing something, some time ago.
For what it is worth:

Try:
ftp://ftp.eggheads.org/pub/eggdrop/modules/1.8/

There is a stats mod there, but not the same version that you mentioned.

If you go to:
http://www.eggheads.org/news
and scroll down to:
"Eggdrop v1.8.0 Stable Release! "
and click it, you can read a few paragraphs there. One of them is where I got that ftp link from.

I hope this helps.
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !
C
CP1832
Halfop

Post by CP1832 »

Thanks willyw, indeed the stats.mod posted on the eggheads FTP compiles, the problem I'm having with that version is that it crashes my eggdrop when I try to publish the webstats. I reported the issue on Florian's github, that's why I was looking for version 1.4.
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

CP1832 wrote:... the problem I'm having with that version is that it crashes my eggdrop when I try to publish the webstats. ...

In the meantime, you might want to visit #eggdrop on Freenode IRC network, and let them know the details of what you have discovered, as that version of stats mod is on the eggheads website. They should want to know.

Or

When you describe everything that you observe, including crash messages, they might have some suggestions for you to try.

You might want to ask if anybody has - or would - install it and test it, too.
Just to see if they get the exact same results as you.
This really should be done.
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !