This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

earthquake bot

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
SpiKe^^
Owner

Post by SpiKe^^ »

Won't be another update as it is working for me here and I can't force mine to throw an error:)

A fix will only comes if someone having the problem will help us find their cure.
I have only been aware of your problems for a day or two.

You might also look at this string -> http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=20506

Was the script working for you at some point?
What was the initial error when it stopped working for you, before you tried to fix it?
SpiKe^^

Get BogusTrivia 2.06.4.7 at www.mytclscripts.com
or visit the New Tcl Acrhive at www.tclarchive.org
r
roger
Halfop

Post by roger »

never did work for me, i forget the original error but read enough about ppl getting it working fine to think it is something in my config and not in the script, i'm 64 and no one helps me with this stuff except google.
sometimes i get beat, it happens, smart enough to know like i said, prob something i did wrong somewhere else. as far as an update, well if there ever is one i'll try again, i'm stubborn like that, if there isn't one, so be it, i'll ask the devil the answer, that is if he lifts that restraining order against me
like your scripts
roger :)
M
Merky
Voice

Post by Merky »

error in ubuntu

Code: Select all

Wrong # args: should be "tls::socket ?options? host port" ( https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/feed/v1.0/summary/2.5_day.atom )
r
roger
Halfop

Post by roger »

just to muddy the waters, lol, i forgot to unload the script and this morning it posted this.

USGS Earthquake: M5.3, South of the Kermadec Islands (1 hour 46 seconds ago) >> https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes ... us2000he2j

only showed once

then original error came back

SSL channel "sock16e2f20": error: sslv3 alert handshake failure

so i don't know whats going on lol
r
roger
Halfop

earthquake

Post by roger »

i guess being a stubborn old goat pays off.
finnaly figgured out i didn't have tls loaded properly, once that was resolved the scrip works fantastic :)
thx for this
roger
a
a_aa
Voice

Post by a_aa »

Awesome script, works great in reporting. I was just curious if there is a way to only have it report on earthquakes within a geographical region, say North America? Would be nice to only have USA and Canada show.