This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Using pushmode and putkick and having the bans set first

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
s
simo
Revered One

Using pushmode and putkick and having the bans set first

Post by simo »

i was wondering if there would be a way to use both pushmode and putkick and always have the bans set first because we wanted to have both bans and kicks stacked as much as possible as some ircds offer such an option

i tried using SpiKe's method in his anti mass join tcl but couldnt figure it out
w
willyw
Revered One

Re: Using pushmode and putkick and having the bans set firs

Post by willyw »

Perhaps:

Code: Select all

utimer 2 [list putkick #chan nick [reason] ]

to delay the kick for 2 seconds.
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !
s
simo
Revered One

Post by simo »

that seems to work but if there would be a solution without the use of timers it would be prefered as it uses a lot of timers if called multiple times unless this is the only way ofcourse
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

pushmode and putquick use two different queues so the only way to somewhat circumvent this is, like willyw suggested, using an utimer.

As far as I remember (and looked at the last code posted on page 2) the anti-mass join script used putquick to stack bans and then the kick part is executed that also uses putquick. You get kicks then bans?
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
s
simo
Revered One

Post by simo »

i always wanted to rather use that one for all scripts that need kicks and or bans but its to complex to figure out to me to use as a generic option to use for any tcl that has kicks and bans in them

spikes anti massjoin stacked kicks and bans im speaking of as that one does exactly what we want stacks all kicks and bans and pushes out the stacked bans first followed by the stacked kicks
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

as far as i have seen with the scripts i experiment setting a utimer would be a solution i would use but if you find a second solution do share :)
ComputerTech
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

hehe you could also use kickban it bans before kick i use that in my scripts ;)
ComputerTech