This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop Telnet Client

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Why don't you make a portable edition too? :)
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
arfer
Master

Post by arfer »

Thanks caesar for your suggestion, though I think I have had this question from desired in an earlier post.

At the moment I have no clue how easy or difficult it would be to make a portable version of Defero, but I can be more clear about the development path I am going to stick to. I have spent too much effort on some relatively minor upgrades in the past. For example the translations for Defero interface in earlier versions required me to write around the same number of lines of code as the software itself, plus it needed modification every time I added functionality to the client. Not to mention the continuous assistance of a French translator, and no offer of assistance from anywhere for the other languages.

Firstly, I will be trying new components and code to launch an SSH terminal directly from Defero. I hope to similarly automate the login process by storing connection strings and using password authentication rather than the normal keyboard authentication. Might be a little while before I can proceed because the 3rd party components I need are not free.

Secondly, I hope to add a menu item to advise if updates are available. The necessary components are already available to make an http connection to my website, I just need to study the coding techniques in the language set I am using for Defero.

Afterwards, I may consider SSL support even though I fail to see why it seems to be a quite popular. Eggdrop is no doubt a sophisticated piece of software but it is a hobby/interest or dare I say a grown up toy. Why on earth the high security. I might just be making excuses here because the components for socket SSL support are doubly expensive.

Thereafter I can pick and choose developments according my choosing or your choosing or that of anybody else. Sorry to be fairly negative at this time. I am very interested in developing Defero further but it is already proving to be quite a handfull, especially if I include website development. Thanks again for your suggestion, I will definitely
add it to the list of future possibilities. Perhaps the problem is that I don't get enough feedback from enough people, so it is difficult to guage the popularity of any particular development path.
I must have had nothing to do
F
Froggster
Voice

Post by Froggster »

Arfer..
Eggdrop Telnet Client (for windows OS) awesome work, great program thanks for your time on creating tools like this to simplify things.. Froggster
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

Froggster wrote:Arfer..
Eggdrop Telnet Client (for windows OS) awesome work, great program thanks for your time on creating tools like this to simplify things.. Froggster
Yes, we do <3 it so :P

More and more people download this daily, there has been an increase in usage, and more call for some of the features arfer has mentioned above. Some people prefer to stick with putty, being a ssh/telnet client, but when Defero does incorporate SSH it will again be ahead of all other clients.
Now, if only FTP was also planned, that would make this client an all inclusive eggdrop tool. It will be the best standalone client on the interweb :P
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.
Get_A_Fix
Master

Post by Get_A_Fix »

IRCSpeed has closed, after 5+ years of being a public IRC network. As such, the Defero project has ceased development (since 2012) and a mirror site for downloads has been created.

You can download Defero from Here
We explore.. and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge.. and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias.. and you call us criminals.
Fire-Fox
Master

Post by Fire-Fox »

Hey,

any change i can get the program again. I have lost the one i had :-(
GreatZ
Fire-Fox | Denmark

Scripts: Relay | Store Text | TvMaze
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

Google finds a download site for it.

I didn't pay attention to the version number, etc.
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !
Fire-Fox
Master

Post by Fire-Fox »

All the download site i came across dosn't work, so please post a link :-)
GreatZ
Fire-Fox | Denmark

Scripts: Relay | Store Text | TvMaze
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Tried from here ?
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

Fire-Fox wrote:All ...
"All" ? ??

I put this in google:
defero telnet client

and the first two returned are clearly links to this forum.

The third one is to the hawkee site, and caesar has already posted a link to it for you.
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

First of all i just want to say "Wow" i really am impressed of this software it has lots of nice,simple,easy features and i want to thank all who assisted arfer on making it.

But i question one little feature the background colour is their a way to make it Not black and perhaps a different colour?
ComputerTech
s
simo
Revered One

Post by simo »

CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

ComputerTech wrote:First of all i just want to say "Wow" i really am impressed of this software it has lots of nice,simple,easy features and i want to thank all who assisted arfer on making it.

But i question one little feature the background colour is their a way to make it Not black and perhaps a different colour?
No, there is no setting, background is black. And it's just a .exe without any conf file, so you can't modify that.

And another download link for defero : https://scripts.eggdrop.fr/details-Defero-s245.html
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

Alright then :roll: Cheers CrazyCat for both the link and the info :wink:
ComputerTech