This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

reCAPTCHA

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
ComputerTech
Master

reCAPTCHA

Post by ComputerTech »

How would a reCAPTCHA check script look like?

so if a user joins a channel, they have to type what recaptcha shows in X time, otherwise, they get kickbanned, :?:

Thanks in advanced 8)
ComputerTech
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

You can't do that.
How will you show a reCaptcha in my weechat (or irssi, or mIRC) ? And reCaptcha is for websites. You can forbid access to your applet (if you have one) but not to a channel loaded in it.

You'd better create a script which will show a random string, or ask a question, and kick the user if the user don't answer correctly in a defined delay.
s
simo
Revered One

Post by simo »

I believe I had such a script ages ago i got from somewhere it worked but haven't used after that as it wont prevent anything abuse or other wise if that's the porpose it's used for
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

You could try the mechanism used by Trivia scripts to somewhat protect their questions from copy/paste the questions.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

hmm, i shall look into that caesar, Thanks :D
ComputerTech