This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Will there ever be a new official Eggdrop version?

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
b
botix
Voice

Will there ever be a new official Eggdrop version?

Post by botix »

Hi,

It has been two years now without any new official eggdrop versions despite development is still being done.

I understand that eggdrop is ultra stable but why are there no new versions to release new functionality like SASL to the public?

Is there any plan or ETA for a new version?
w
willyw
Revered One

Re: Will there ever be a new official Eggdrop version?

Post by willyw »

My suggestion is for you to log on the Freenode IRC network.
Address is: chat.freenode.net

Join #eggdrop channel, and just lurk there. :)

Some days there is chat, some days very little.

Eventually, you'll see this very topic come up, and in there are some of the developers.

They may say something like, "It'll be ready when it is ready." :)

But you can still get a feel for things, if you hang around enough.
I do hang around, but lately haven't been paying much attention to that sort of chatter. Sorry that I can't give you a better, more direct answer.
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

The Eggdrop Development Team have been working on Eggdrop ver 1.9 for a while now, since adding several options, also comes with lots of testing, so several People (including myself) have been testing Eggdrop 1.9 to find and report Bugs.

https://github.com/eggheads/eggdrop/

Above link is the (Bleeding edge of Eggdrop)

it may/may not have bugs now, but it's the New/Latest Eggdrop Version :)
ComputerTech
b
botix
Voice

Post by botix »

ComputerTech wrote:The Eggdrop Development Team have been working on Eggdrop ver 1.9 for a while now, since adding several options, also comes with lots of testing, so several People (including myself) have been testing Eggdrop 1.9 to find and report Bugs.

https://github.com/eggheads/eggdrop/

Above link is the (Bleeding edge of Eggdrop)

it may/may not have bugs now, but it's the New/Latest Eggdrop Version :)
Yeah i know about Github. But I don't want to install development versions. I want to know when the final of eggdrop 1.9 is planned.
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

Best to do as willyw suggested then, to connect to Freenode and either join #eggdrop or #eggheads ,and ask around, you "might" get a answer 8)
ComputerTech
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

Just thought i'd finish this Post up a bit and say Eggdrop 1.9 has been officially released, and willyw has posted about it, see the following Link

http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?t=20908

8)
ComputerTech