This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Need help with eggdrop Please

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
M
Mike05
Voice

Need help with eggdrop Please

Post by Mike05 »

Hello Friends;

Bots are not kicking banning or voicing etc. Bots are running fine, I messaged hello , set the password etc. I set the bot to kick user who say the bad words. Placed the badword.tcl in bot's scripts directory , and added the directives in bot's conf file .

source scripts/badword.tcl
I tested with bad words but bot is not kicking and I can't kick users, I logged in as a tester user, and said bad words to test the bot, nothing happened. Then I tried to kick the user as a IRCOP nothing happened. What am I doing wrong, what is not configured properly.

Please help.

Thanks in advance
s
simo
Revered One

Post by simo »

perhaps you could pastebin the tcl you are using
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

And show us the results of:

Code: Select all

.binds
.chaninfo #YOURCHAN
(replace "YOURCHAN" with your channel name)
s
simo
Revered One

Post by simo »

i doubt this is an eggdrop problem tho it seems just a tcl script issue
perhaps you should have posted in another section of forum

perhaps in : Scripting Help section
M
Mike05
Voice

Re Need help with eggdrop Please

Post by Mike05 »

CrazyCat;
Thank you so much for your response and help. I'm a noob, Where should I type: .binds and .chaninfo.? I typed those commands in miRC but nothing happened.

Secondly As a Channel operator I can't even kick, voice or ban user.

I think there is configuration problem.

If I tried to assign bot /msg botserv assign #channel botnick, it says no bot by that nick.

How to interact with bot, and how to activate bot to do voicing , kicking banning etc.

And Please How to create Alias short commands? example, If I type !k !b !v that would work. But In my case I have to type the full command like

/cs kick #channel Nick

Please help.
Thanks
s
simo
Revered One

Post by simo »

depending on network you can use chanserv for that to !kb !k !v !dv and such
or you can use a tcl with public commands wich basically does the same
CrazyCat
Revered One

Re: Re Need help with eggdrop Please

Post by CrazyCat »

Mike05 wrote:CrazyCat;
Thank you so much for your response and help. I'm a noob, Where should I type: .binds and .chaninfo.? I typed those commands in miRC but nothing happened.
You have to go in the party-line, using telnet or ctcp/dcc chat. Have a look @ http://www.egghelp.org/using.htm for more informations.

These are ircd, services and client related questions, not eggdrop:
Mike05 wrote:Secondly As a Channel operator I can't even kick, voice or ban user.

I think there is configuration problem.
=> read your ircd documentation
Mike05 wrote:If I tried to assign bot /msg botserv assign #channel botnick, it says no bot by that nick.

How to interact with bot, and how to activate bot to do voicing , kicking banning etc.
=> Read your services documentation
Mike05 wrote:And Please How to create Alias short commands? example, If I type !k !b !v that would work. But In my case I have to type the full command like

/cs kick #channel Nick
=> Read your client documentation, or services documentation to active fantasy commands

I hope you don't make any confusion between services bot (that you can assign with botserv) and eggdrops, which are bots too, but not in relation with services.
M
Mike05
Voice

RE- How to add commands in bot

Post by Mike05 »

CrazyCat, Thank you so much for helping me and thanks every one who responded to my request.

Now I've learned how to interact with the bot, using telent, Now I wanna add commands example !flag +V Nick, So nick gets auto voice.
And !k, !b, !v , !ub !-v etc. how do I add those commands ?

And how to create short alias commands ?

I would highly appreciate your help. I'm a noob and trying hard to learn I just need guidance and little help.

Thanks in advance friends
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

Eggdrop by default without any extra Tcl scripts, does Not offer public commands only a few /msg commands.

Best to choose a option from the following

Search this forum

TclArchive

Script Requests

For your script
ComputerTech
M
Mike05
Voice

Post by Mike05 »

Simo, CrazyCat and ComputerTech;

Thank you so much for your response and help. Yes, it was IRCD and Services configuration problem, that got resolved.

I'm so glad to be part of this great community. All of you guys are very responsive and providing great help for nobs like me.

Thanks again guys