This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

ChanRelay 4.0 i18n

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

Ok, so it don't load msgcat (normal, you use english).
Gonna have a look on clock. Can you give me the timezone of your eggdrop pls (.tcl putlog $timezone)?
vam2u
Voice

Post by vam2u »

Here you go on the eggdrop timezone :-)
[03:52:37] EST
Tcl:
doas
Voice

same issue

Post by doas »

hi
i have tried all the above suggestions. but its still not working. was getting the same errors before.

<Jokhon> [19:25:40] Tcl error [::crelay::trans:mode]: expected integer but got "GREGORIAN_CHANGE_DATE"
<Jokhon> [19:25:42] Tcl error [::crelay::trans:join]: expected integer but got "GREGORIAN_CHANGE_DATE"
<Jokhon> [19:25:42] Tcl error [::crelay::trans:topic]: expected integer but got "GREGORIAN_CHANGE_DATE"
<Jokhon> [19:25:55] Tcl error [::crelay::trans:join]: expected integer but got "GREGORIAN_CHANGE_DATE"
<Jokhon> [19:25:55] Tcl error [::crelay::trans:topic]: expected integer but got "GREGORIAN_CHANGE_DATE"
<Jokhon> [19:27:10] Tcl error [::crelay::trans:pub]: expected integer but got "GREGORIAN_CHANGE_DATE"

and disable the debug mode. its not working atall!.how could i resolve this issue.

regards
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

Done a modification in https://gitlab.com/tcl-scripts/chanrela ... nrelay.tcl

Now, the locale is initialy forced to en, and then new locale is applyed if needed.
vam2u
Voice

Post by vam2u »

Thanks CrazyCat, let me try it and see how it goes :-)
CrazyCat wrote:Done a modification in https://gitlab.com/tcl-scripts/chanrela ... nrelay.tcl

Now, the locale is initialy forced to en, and then new locale is applyed if needed.
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

CrazyCat just setup ChanRelay latest version from GitLab, and it works Perfect :)

Awesome work mate

Sidenote: would it be possible for the script to create chanrelay.db on it's own? rather than myself having to create it, not important, but just a suggestion :wink:
ComputerTech
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

ComputerTech wrote:Sidenote: would it be possible for the script to create chanrelay.db on it's own? rather than myself having to create it, not important, but just a suggestion :wink:
It does, if the $crpath exists (default is scripts/crtools/) and is writeable.

Sidenote: since version 4, chanrelay is not a single file but a pack with the core and a subdirectory containing translations and where databases are also created.
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

Ah! so the directory crtools has to exist, that makes sense, Thanks CrazyCat :P
ComputerTech
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

No crtools, no translation :)
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

Perhaps by loading chanrelay could create the dir crtools? just a suggestion :lol:
ComputerTech
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

ComputerTech wrote:Perhaps by loading chanrelay could create the dir crtools? just a suggestion :lol:
Well... It does.
You don't download chanrelay.tcl, you download a release (https://gitlab.com/tcl-scripts/chanrelay/-/releases/chanrelay-4.0) which contains the script and the needed subdirs and files.

If you just download the .tcl file, you actually lose all translation system.
You're lucky, you use english as language so you haven't any trouble, but if I add modules, they will be in crtools/.

BTW, I think I have to do a better documentation about what must be downloaded.

re-reading my first post
CrazyCat wrote:New version of chanrelay : https://gitlab.com/tcl-scripts/chanrelay/-/releases/chanrelay-4.0

Short changelog:
- Internationalisation (i18n) using msgcat
- All files (logs, settings, translations) are moved in crtools/ directory

Do not hesitate to transmit me corrections in translations (or correct directly in gitlab) or send me new languages
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

Oh shoot! i didn't see that lol, thanks for explaining CrazyCat, i completely missed that :roll:
ComputerTech
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

So, still getting this bug on topic change.

Code: Select all

* ComputerTech has changed the topic to: Welcome To #ComputerTech | Relaying to TechNet, FairNet
* ` has changed the topic to: Welcome To #ComputerTech | Relaying to TechNet, FairNet
* ` has changed the topic to: Welcome To #ComputerTech | Relaying to TechNet, FairNet
<ComputerTech> NOOO
<ComputerTech>bad `
lol, so yeah, hope it can be fixed :wink:

and yeah using latest version of this script :P
ComputerTech
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

Strange, really strange.
More strange is that is not the formating for my topic changed, which is "*** %1\$s changes topic of %2\$s to '%3\$s'"

And whois "`" ?

Can you put a complete log from your IRC client, on each channel, precising which channel and network it is, and which nicks are used by your eggdrop ?
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

Okay, well "`" is the eggdrop using chanrelay.tcl, and let me go grab the logs you asked for :wink:

P.S. it's the same problem from Here
ComputerTech