This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Solbu's Slowvoice

Help for those learning Tcl or writing their own scripts.
t
taxick
Voice

Post by taxick »

caesar wrote:No, i meant I was working on something else where had implemented something similar and did a copy/paste without actually thinking. :roll:

Anyway, how do you check if someone has his nickname registered/logged in with NickServ?
Ahh okay.. I misunderstood you :)
Last edited by taxick on Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D
DasBrain
Voice

Post by DasBrain »

caesar wrote:Anyway, how do you check if someone has his nickname registered/logged in with NickServ?
Depends.
  • Nick is registered (but you don't care if they logged in): Ask NickServ.
  • If you share a common channel, and the network has account-notify and extended join, you can use that info. (eggdrop 1.9 keeps track of the account name in that case)
  • If the network has WHOX (advertised in the 005 isupport numeric), then you can do a /who on the nick and see if the account name is != 0.
  • On some networks you can see if someone is logged in by looking at their /who flags - if they have the r flag, they are logged in.
  • As a last resort - ask NickServ. Many NickServ implementations have a /ns status NICK command, which can be somewhat easily scripted.