This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Word of the day from Dictionary.com

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
a
akash24
Voice

Word of the day from Dictionary.com

Post by akash24 »

Hi! I am running an information channel. I would like to ask if somebody can make me a script that will pull the word for the day and synonym for the day from dictionary.com, and then it will send to the channel on a x minutes . Thank you very much
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

I don't know if you have tried searching the TCL Archive, but perhaps take a look at these two, they might not be "Exactly" what you want, but perhaps you can modify/work on it.

http://tclarchive.org/search.php?str=ro ... =0&sub.y=0

Perhaps adding a timer or bind cron could be added to make the script "fetch" one word per day 8)
ComputerTech
G
Goga
Halfop

Post by Goga »

I tried all Dictonary scripts, but No Scripts is working now a days.
SpiKe^^
Owner

Post by SpiKe^^ »

Goga,

Have you tried http://tclarchive.org/download.php?id=1554
The site that script uses seems to be unchanged in many years:)
SpiKe^^

Get BogusTrivia 2.06.4.7 at www.mytclscripts.com
or visit the New Tcl Acrhive at www.tclarchive.org
SpiKe^^
Owner

incith:dictionary-1.5 loaded.

Post by SpiKe^^ »

Goga,

I loaded and tried out the script I linked above,
[22:53:50] - incith:dictionary-1.5 loaded.
It seems fine and quite usable:)
<SpiKe^^> !dict usable
<MzBitch2u> Adjective (1/3) (adj) useable, usable (capable of being put to use) "usable byproducts"
-MzBitch2u- usable: Adjective 3 @ http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=usable

!dict --adj2-3 usable
<MzBitch2u> Adjective (2/3) (adj) functional, usable, useable, operable, operational (fit or ready for use or service) "the toaster was still functional even after being dropped"; "the lawnmower is a bit rusty but still usable"; "an operational aircraft"; "the dishwasher is now in working order"
<MzBitch2u> Adjective (3/3) (adj) available, usable, useable (convenient for use or disposal) "the house is available after July 1"; "2000 square feet of usable office space"
Still no Word of the Day, but
I must disagree with the "I tried all Dictonary scripts, but No Scripts is working now a days."
SpiKe^^

Get BogusTrivia 2.06.4.7 at www.mytclscripts.com
or visit the New Tcl Acrhive at www.tclarchive.org