This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

All Eggdrop DCC commands in Private Message ?

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
m
mvp1
Voice

All Eggdrop DCC commands in Private Message ?

Post by mvp1 »

Hi guys,

I am wondering if there is a script out there that can enable to use ALL (Or as many as possible) DCC commands of an eggdrop to be used in eggdrop's private message ? Or Channel message please?

Because some time we could be at our office/work and can not DCC to eggdrop because of Office network Firewall, so it will be really helpful.

Cheers,
ComputerTech
Master

Post by ComputerTech »

Just curious, does office firewall also block telnet? if not, that could be a way to access your bot's partyline, and if it does, i have a Tcl script which provides public channel commands, however /msg ability hasn't been added yet, i'll try poke around and find it for you. :wink:
ComputerTech
m
mvp1
Voice

Post by mvp1 »

Hey ComputerTech, thanks mate.
Yes I can SSH using putty to the eggdrop shell if that's what you mean? How do you access the eggdrop's Partyline from Telnet/Putty? I searched briefly after your post but couldn't find anything, but would be great if you can quide or refer any post that helps to learn so? (Accessing partyline through ssh/telnet)

Also appreciate if you share your TCL you mentioned please.

Thank you
BLaCkShaDoW
Op

BlackTools 2.5.5 - channel management script

Post by BLaCkShaDoW »

You can try BlackTools 2.5.5 a channel control script that has a lot of commands that work trough channel/private message/dcc chat. Check it on https://github.com/tclscripts/BlackTools-TCL
BLaCkShaDoW Production @ WwW.TclScripts.Net
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

mvp1 wrote: ... How do you access the eggdrop's Partyline from Telnet/Putty?

Let's consider two methods of using a telnet client to log into eggdrop's partyline.

First method: connect your client to bot

Look in your bot's eggdrop.conf file. Find:
# You need to un-comment this line and change the port number in order to open
# the listen port. You should not keep this set to 3333.
#listen 3333 all
Whatever you set that port to be, is the telnet port you enter into your client to connect to. The ip you enter into your client is the ip of the bot. Typically, this is the ip of the shell.

Note: Eggdrop can accept incoming telnet like this. Eggdrop cannot use ssh.

This method may be blocked. Hopefully not by the shell that your bot is on.
But if you are at work or something, I wonder if it might be blocked somehow on your end.

Nothing to do but try it. :)

If it fails, you might want to check the bot's eggdrop.log . Just to see if there is anything in it that might be a useful clue.

Second method: ssh to your bot's shell. On your bot's shell, run telnet there, and connect to your bot's ip:port.
This way, you are getting around your workplaces firewall. :)
( I think you said that you CAN use ssh from your work )

It might look something like this, on the command line of the shell:
telnet 123.45.67.432 23400
where the port set with the listen command in eggdrop.conf is 23400.

If that fails, you could try:
telnet localhost 23400

Having to ssh to the shell first, and then telnet right back to the same ip but to a different port, is rather convoluted. But, if you have to... it works. :)

Putty will do these things. I use it.
While I greatly prefer to use dcc chat to connect to my bots' partylines, I like to check to be sure that telnet is working - if possible - when I set up a new bot. Just in case I want/need it.

I hope this helps.
For a fun (and popular) Trivia game, visit us at: irc.librairc.net #science-fiction . Over 300K Q & A to play in BogusTrivia !