This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Binding problem?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
c
codak

Post by codak »

I get this error for every tcl script that requires binding:

Eggdrop v1.6.6 (C)1997 Robey Pointer (C)2001 Eggheads
[18:16] --- Loading eggdrop v1.6.6 (Tue Oct 2 2001)
[18:16] TCL error in file 'lighting':
[18:16] can't read "kick-method": no such variable
while executing
"if {!${kick-method}} {
set sl_kicks 8
} else {
set sl_kicks ${kick-method}
}"
(file "scripts/sentinel.tcl" line 1316)
invoked from within
"source scripts/sentinel.tcl"
(file "lighting" line 15)
[18:16] * CONFIG FILE NOT LOADED (NOT FOUND, OR ERROR)

I've gone through my config file over and over and for the life of me I don't see where the proble could be at.

I'm using eggdrop v1.6.6 on a FreeBSD 4.4-PRERELEASE server.

p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

This is not a binding error.

As it stats in the error, there is a variable that is either unset or not declared global. This could be becuase it is commented out, has been removed or is normaly included from another file, which hasn't been done.
w
wreck

Post by wreck »

Just to be a bit more thorough..

This is probably happening cause the kick-method isnt set at all, or you have the line that loads that script in the config file before the kick-method varible is set.

Open your config and search for kick-method, if you cant find it, add set kick-method 1 to your config. Next, find all of the lines beginning with 'source', and move them to the very bottom of the config, if they're not there already.
c
codak

Post by codak »

" This is probably happening cause the kick-method isnt set at all, or you have the line that loads that script in the config file before the kick-method varible is set. "

That does sound like it would be the problem considering that I have all the scripts defined in the beginning of the conf file so that I would have eazy access to them. Looks like its turned out to be a problem.

I'll move them down to the bottem and see what that does. Thanks.
c
codak

Post by codak »

That did the trick. All the bots loaded like a charm. Thanks again. =)