This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Botnetop.tcl problems

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
B
BassezAss

Botnetop.tcl problems

Post by BassezAss »

Hi guys,

i've been trying to set up a botnet on my bots. Currently i have 3 linked bots. I followed the instruction on web site but the script is not working.

That's what i got:
[2:59am] <bot> Running netbots.tcl v4.09
[2:59am] <bot> 3 bots on the botnet.
[2:59am] <me> .netbots
[2:59am] <bot> What? You need '.help'

Can anyone please tell me why the script is loaded and functionnal but i can't use the netbots commands???
Papillon
Owner

Post by Papillon »

do you have the global owner flag? (+n)
Elen sila lúmenn' omentielvo
B
BassezAss

Post by BassezAss »

yes i do, I,m set as the owner.

[3:06am] <bot> Local time is now 03:05
[3:06am] <bot> You are an owner of this bot. Only +n users can see this! For more info,
Papillon
Owner

Post by Papillon »

is it just the .netbots command not working, or none of them?
does .nethelp work? .. if it does please do .nethelp netbots and read carefully what it says :)
B
BassezAss

Post by BassezAss »

the .nethelp command is working but .nethelp netbots command is not working.

[03:17] <me> .nethelp
[3:17am] <bot> [03:16] #me# nethelp
[3:17am] <bot> chanlimit.tcl commands
[3:17am] <bot> For channel masters:
[3:17am] <bot> dolimit stoplimit startlimit
[3:17am] <bot> sentinel.tcl commands
[3:17am] <bot> For channel masters:
[3:17am] <bot> sentinel
[3:17am] <bot> For channel ops:
[3:17am] <bot> lock unlock

that's all i got
Papillon
Owner

Post by Papillon »

from what I can see you are not recognised as the owner of the bot by the script. Either you have messed up the settings, or the code... or there is something abit funny goin on :p
I suggest you look over the settings once more, when you have done that... do it once again .. if it still doesn't work, try changing the settings. :D
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

Check the nb_owner setting in netset.tcl. If that is enabled, you need to be a "permanent" owner, not just a +n. To be a permanent owner you need to add your handle to the "set owner" line in the bot's config file.
mcdarby
Halfop

Post by mcdarby »

Papillon wrote:from what I can see you are not recognised as the owner of the bot by the script. Either you have messed up the settings, or the code... or there is something abit funny goin on :p
I suggest you look over the settings once more, when you have done that... do it once again .. if it still doesn't work, try changing the settings. :D
The only thing funny, perhaps not funny in this case, is that you have something exploiding eggdrop script and managed to hack themself into someone else's eggdrop's party line. In which case, aren't the owner +n or master +m of the bot and have possibly motive of asking for help here with eggdrop to take control of someone else's irc channel or the botnet of the irc network. My suggestion would be to contact the makers of eggdrop to let them know about a possible breach somewhere in eggdrop and for you here to monitor the user closely for any evidence to foward to the proper authorities. And if this isn't the case, I apologize, but the above thread did sound a bit fishy for something not good going on.
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

mcdarby wrote:And if this isn't the case, I apologize, but the above thread did sound a bit fishy for something not good going on.
That's okay. The wires in people's brains getting mixed up is a frequent occurence here :lol:

Without ruling out other possibilities, the problem as Bassez described it is consistent with enabling nb_owner but not setting the owner(s) properly in the config file.
B
BassezAss

Post by BassezAss »

slennox was right, i changed my handle on the bots but i forgot to put back my new one in the config file.

So thx a lot guys for your help guys i really appreciate that, now it's working properly. Special thx to slennox for your great site :D