This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

chanlimit with random/set delay

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
B
Bytez
Op

chanlimit with random/set delay

Post by Bytez »

Hi, I'm currently using the non-netbots version of chanlimit1.5. I was wondering if there will be a random delay option like the one on netbots in the future? The reason is because I don't want to have to go through the hassle of configuring again since I only want that one feature in the netbots version. I want more than one bot to have the chanlimit running so there is always a bot available to do the limiting whenever the other bots are not available.

Slennox, is it possible for you paste the code to add a random delay to the non-netbots version of chanlimit1.5.tcl and an option to load the script on all bots ? :D Thanks.
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

Three things I'll probably be motivated to do with chanlimit.tcl in the next week:
  • Add a random delay, as suggested by yourself.
  • Add a +l enforcement option, as suggested by Oliviero.
  • Set the limit based on the number of users in the channel (a percentage setting) rather than a fixed number, as suggested by myself.
Then I'll release it as an updated netbots component and standalone version.

The condition is that someone here has to test it, otherwise I'm not doing anything :evil:
B
Bytez
Op

Post by Bytez »

Thanks Slennox, I'll surely test it Your scripts rocks! :D
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I dont have any problem testing it too :D
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

Well, here it is finally. I actually finished most of the code changes a couple of weeks ago, but got sidetracked (as one does) before finishing the documentation.

I didn't add my "set the limit based on the number of users in the channel (a percentage setting)" feature--after some thinking I decided it would be silly in practice. Instead, I implemented a feature that will let you do ".chanset #channel +chanlimit" and the like, which I believe is what some people want.

This is the first of the stock netbots.tcl components to be made in a "unified" format so that I don't have to maintain a separate netbots.tcl component and standalone version. This required the setting descriptions be split into a separate "readme.txt" file, so that the little settings block in the script file itself can be copied to netset.tcl, if required, without making a mess. I was also thinking of making the readme.txt in HTML instead. In any case, the "settings descriptions" section needs improvement and I might add the "default" and "valid settings" tips which are a feature of the netbots.tcl component docs.

In future I intend to split all of the components (botnetop.tcl, extras.tcl, etc.) from the netbots.tcl core and create these separate unified versions. This will allow me to update them individually, instead of netbots.tcl as a whole (which is too big for me to work on these days). I won't be doing anything revolutionary with the scripts, just adding some basic features as I've done with chanlimit.tcl. I'll also stamp the GNU GPL on them to replace my poor excuse for a licence.

Anyway, load the thing and let me know if it spits out errors or doesn't work as expected 8)

http://www.egghelp.org/chanlimit4.5.tar.gz
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

it works soomthely with no errors :) , I haven't tried the new features yet (I only enabled the server limit check, but yet didnt happen). I'll inform if anything detected. thank you :)