This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

FAQ

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

I hope to start work on a public FAQ, helping to solve basic and common problems.

I had planned to do this some time ago, and base most of it on questions asked on the previous forum, but due to it's sad death (kept losing posts, like a drunk losing a chunk of his liver (what liver)), all posts where lost, thus rendering this effort usless.

If you can think of questions, and answers for them, please post them here, I would be happy to inlude them.

Thanks.
stdragon
Owner

Post by stdragon »

How about a section on using list commands properly? The question could be something like, "why can't tcl handle { } [ ] in nicks or message?" because that's usually where it comes up.

Another thing could be about how to use utimer and eval properly. "Why is tcl so insecure that it executes commands when I don't want it to?" or something.
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

ppslim,

If I could get a web server account with the required tools, I should be able resurrect the old forum in a static form (no posting). This would allow yourself and others to search through it.

I'll try it out on an account I have tommorow.