does a 'piespy for eggdrops' exist?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
T
Terminal Insanity

does a 'piespy for eggdrops' exist?

Post by Terminal Insanity »

Im looking for something like PieSpy, but in the form of a eggy module, tcl script, or preferably, some external app that can process eggdrop logs and output the image/graph/whatever.

PieSpy as it is, is a java irc bot, and thats just usless to me =P the network im on limits the number of connections you can have, and im at my max, so i cant load up a bot for every task i want =o
j0n
Op

Post by j0n »

.google PISG
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
GodOfSuicide
Master

Post by GodOfSuicide »

piespy is really nice, but the CPU load is way too high

i once thought about porting it to TCL, but the math and statistics behind the code were too complex for me
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

pisg I think is just perfect for IRC channels that want a nicely formatted stats page that is easily configured :)
Search | FAQ | RTM
GodOfSuicide
Master

Post by GodOfSuicide »

Alchera wrote:pisg I think is just perfect for IRC channels that want a nicely formatted stats page that is easily configured :)
well, there are many pisg-clones out there which are much faster

pisg allways processes ALL log files which consumes an awfull lot of CPU-time. The often-suggested way to store the stats-infos in a smaller and faster dbase won't be added to pisg since they want to keep the "random quote" feature and stuff, without this it wouldn't be a problem

so if you can life without those small things i'd suggest one of the many clones
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

I only have it running once every 30 minutes and it's creating no dramas with anything. Some of those random quotes end up quite amusing anyway :)
Search | FAQ | RTM
O
Ofloo
Owner

Post by Ofloo »

well chatstats is verry nice , and if u want more graphical stuff u should maybe try mrtg or rdtools if u disire to make ur own, based upon information you should maybe try the mysql module,.. it logs all data formated into a nice mysql db, witch you will be able to read out from different locations,..
XplaiN but think of me as stupid
GodOfSuicide
Master

Post by GodOfSuicide »

Alchera wrote:I only have it running once every 30 minutes and it's creating no dramas with anything.
30 mins? Once a day does the trick i'd say...
Ofloo wrote:well chatstats is verry nice , and if u want more graphical stuff u should maybe try mrtg or rdtools
RRDTool is very nice indeed as long as you work with open / exec rather than the package which can cause crashes while testing with new graphs