This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

knock flood

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
k
kk-
Voice

knock flood

Post by kk- »

Just a note i was in a channel that got a knock flood i noticed sentinel.tcl
did not stop this flood so i have edited my version off sentinel to lock the room +imKR K being knock not allowed & R being only registered nicks allowed to join i guess it really depends on the type off ircd your on but i just thought i let peeps know. this problem.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

KNOCK flood? what kind of a primitive ircd are you using? this stuff was left out of main distributions years ago...
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

I don't even know what a "knock" flood is, but I'm glad the script was able to detect it regardless :)

The #1 feature request for any of my scripts is custom lockmodes for sentinel. Though I don't have time to complete major new versions of scripts, I should be able to implement this long overdue feature and release a new version. I'll do it before the end of the year :mrgreen:
k
kk-
Voice

Post by kk- »

re : demond comments er the ircd is not mine the server is irc.icq.com
its unreal ircd but the mods i did on my version off sentinal stopped the flood. so as for your comments which i note are generally piss taking i don't care woot u think my comments were to help peeps who may run bots on that type off ircd if you don't use that type off ircd well then keep your comments to yourself...

for slennox knock is when a room has been set on invite users off this type off ircd can use a command called /knock which sends a msg to the room to ask peeps to let them in. flooders can abuse this to flood the room with knock msgs... but if the room is set +K knock is not allowed..

helping peeps is cool!! ( being a arse is not!!! )
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

kk-, Unreal is a bloated joke, and you can't possibly argue that it's not (unless you are an ircd developer; and I am one)
k
kk-
Voice

Post by kk- »

am not arguing about the ircd dude i just posted a little note to help users of bots that have bots on that type off ircd is all.As i said its not my ircd i just have bots on that server & found the problem wiff the knock flood.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

maybe slennox would consider enhancing sentinel.tcl with user-defined lock modes, reflecting whatever bloated chanmodes the user's ircd might have ;)