This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

problem with key

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
p
pissoble
Voice

problem with key

Post by pissoble »

my bots are linked but when i do any netbots command only the bot that i typed in console does that command. my nb_key is set to the same for both bots and they are both running netbots... PLEASE help
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

nb_flag (default: "N")
The netbot flag. There are three ways you can set this:

1) Set a custom netbot flag such as "N". This must be an upper-case alphabet letter. You can easily add/remove netbots using the .netbots command. netbot commands will only be sent to and accepted from other netbots. This is the most secure setting, and is the best setting if your botnet is linked to other peoples' botnets.
2) Set the flag to "b" - eggdrop's bot flag. Commands will be sent to and accepted from bots recognised as +b on your bot's userfile.
3) Set it to "all". Commands will be sent to and accepted from all bots on the botnet. Because it utilises the 'putallbots' Tcl command, this is the most efficient setting for using netbots.tcl to control a large number of bots, making it a good option for large but private botnets.

Valid settings: as described above.
Option #3 is the one you want. :)
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

Alchera wrote:Option #3 is the one you want. :)
not necessarily - he/she didn't say the botnet is private - and if it's not, i.e. there are foreign bots linked, using "all" will force the use of [putallbots], which may reveal sensitive information to the foreign bots' owners
YooHoo
Owner

Re: problem with key

Post by YooHoo »

pissoble wrote:my bots are linked but when i do any netbots command only the bot that i typed in console does that command. my nb_key is set to the same for both bots and they are both running netbots... PLEASE help
Have you first set the bots to control thru .control *, or .netcontrol *? Test it by using .netsay ____ in your homeroom...
demond
Revered One

Re: problem with key

Post by demond »

YooHoo wrote:
pissoble wrote:my bots are linked but when i do any netbots command only the bot that i typed in console does that command. my nb_key is set to the same for both bots and they are both running netbots... PLEASE help
Have you first set the bots to control thru .control *, or .netcontrol *? Test it by using .netsay ____ in your homeroom...
control/netcontrol is used to specify which netbots (or group of netbots) to control - and by default you control all of them - so the command is irrelevant to that guy's problem
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

demond wrote:not necessarily - he/she didn't say the botnet is private
I made an assumption of a 'private' network because of what pissoble wrote:
my nb_key is set to the same for both bots and they are both ...
The indication is a private network because both are his/hers; either way, a re-read of the Components Documentation should help. :)
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

actually, [putallbots] shouldn't reveal anything to foreign bots which don't have the nb_key since all botnet communications initiated by netbots script are encrypted
toefraz
Halfop

Post by toefraz »

she may not have even added the bot to the netbots. '.netbots add Bot'
When the going gets tough...Make lemonade!!!