This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Disabling all default features

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
E
Exlax
Voice

Disabling all default features

Post by Exlax »

Hi, I was wondering how I would disable all default event responses that the eggdrop has programmed into it. A couple things I noticed that I need disabled, but if there are others that I have not picked up on yet, please let me know how to do that as well...

It will unban all currently existing bans in a channel once it gets opped
It will unban banmasks that are set which match its hostmask
It will kick for "Mass deop. Go sit in a corner."

Im pretty sure I fixed flood-kick
with setting all the global-flood-variables to 0

But if you can help me with those 3, and any others that may exist
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

why would you want to do that?? if you need something which differs that significantly from eggdrop, you better implement your own bot from scratch

anyway, you can bind raw and ignore (or process as you see fit) all stuff coming from the server - which will render your bot practically unusable on IRC
E
Exlax
Voice

Post by Exlax »

Why? Because I want to have just a running client just running my scripts - no little and no more. :shock:

So if somebody can tell me how to disable some of these features, I'd really appreciate it
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

script? what script? 99% of the scripts will not function on your bare-bones client

eggdrop won't unban all existing bans once it gets opped, it will remove bans that have expired (if set +dynamicbans for that channel); you can't prevent it from unbanning itself when possible (except with a patch); and massdeop kick can be averted by establishing your own mode processing (as I said, bind raw)

it seems to me you're totally confused
e
egghead
Master

Post by egghead »

Exlax wrote:Why? Because I want to have just a running client just running my scripts - no little and no more. :shock:

So if somebody can tell me how to disable some of these features, I'd really appreciate it
Exlax, it is indeed true that eggdrop can have quite a number of default responses. At times this can be annoying.

Some hints:
- review carefully all channel settings such as +userbans etc.
- review the flood settings. For your mass deop problem, look at the flood-deop setting
- additionally, you can make a list of all the bindings the bot has, and then remove bindings you don't like. On http://members.fortunecity.com/eggheadtcl you can find "listbindings.tcl" which dumps all bindings to a file. This file you can edit and then load into the bot.
E
Exlax
Voice

Post by Exlax »

Thanks a bunch. Im guessing you were a bit confused demond if you couldn't give an answer like that. Anyhow, how would I go about getting a patch that would stop things like unbanning itself?
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

I'm not confused since I know exactly what I want from that particular IRC bot, eggdrop, and I know how to configure, tweak and extend it to do what I want, within its operational and functional limits; on the other hand, you seem to be completely unaware how it works and what to expect from the stripped down version you envision - you unbind or mess up with the built-in bindings, you get your useless bare-bones client

and you would go about getting the patch you need by learning C, studying eggdrop's source code and eventually writing the patch yourself; or finding someone with a clue to do that for you
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

This is not a pissing contest there is too much newbie bashing going on in this forum. If you dont have an answer to their problems then dont answer it why put them down? thats hardly an incentive to get them to learn if all you do is tell them how stupid they are.. :evil: :!:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

^DooM^ wrote:This is not a pissing contest there is too much newbie bashing going on in this forum. If you dont have an answer to their problems then dont answer it why put them down? thats hardly an incentive to get them to learn if all you do is tell them how stupid they are.. :evil: :!:
*shrug*

I gave that guy exact answers and/or solutions to the three problems stated by him above, read my posts (BTW, those particular demands, however weird they might be, won't be fulfilled by unbinding built-in bindings, as per egghead's suggestion)

As of newbie bashing, I wouldn't hesitate to express my opinion before anyone, newbie or not, about something as ridiculous as that
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

So what if the guy wants to disable everything an eggdrop does. It's his bot and he can do what the hell he wants with it. Who are you to tell him he is confused?
demond wrote:why would you want to do that?? if you need something which differs that significantly from eggdrop, you better implement your own bot from scratch

Why shouldn't he do that?

Yes, have your opinions but dont slate people because their opinions dont match your own.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

^DooM^ wrote:So what if the guy wants to disable everything an eggdrop does. It's his bot and he can do what the hell he wants with it. Who are you to tell him he is confused?
if you want to take the wheels off your car, hoping you could still drive it, I'd be the one telling you that you are confused
demond wrote:why would you want to do that?? if you need something which differs that significantly from eggdrop, you better implement your own bot from scratch

Why shouldn't he do that?
because it is insane?
Yes, have your opinions but dont slate people because their opinions dont match your own.
and who are you to tell me what to state and what not?
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

I said sLate not state and i was refering to you always newbie bashing becuase they dont think like you.
E
Exlax
Voice

Post by Exlax »

I would associate unbinding the default commands with riding a bicycle without training wheels, rather than a car with no wheels.

I did this because that's exalctly what I wanted to do...not because it is stupid. I have my own script running, which is running perfectly with almost no problems due to eggdrop's default responses anymore.

And also, I know C already...so I think I'll consider reviewing the source code and writing that patch...unless I can find somebody with a little more experience in this area.

Thanks again egghead and much thanks to you ^DooM^
YooHoo
Owner

Re: Disabling all default features

Post by YooHoo »

Exlax wrote:Hi, I was wondering how I would disable all default event responses that the eggdrop has programmed into it.
Getting back to the original question.......since the conf file is just a great big tcl script in itself, you can set all your flood settings to 0 and/or hash out any setting that you don't want your bot to enforce....another way would be to type .binds all in dcc chat, and create a list of unbinds to append to the end of the conf :mrgreen:
e
egghead
Master

Post by egghead »

demond wrote: I gave that guy exact answers and/or solutions to the three problems stated by him above, read my posts (BTW, those particular demands, however weird they might be, won't be fulfilled by unbinding built-in bindings, as per egghead's suggestion)
Your suggestion is to make RAW bindings and then process it. That is about one of the the last things you should do if you want to "disable all default event responses" which was the topic of this thread.

For your information, the request for disabling eggdrop's default responses is not that "weird".