This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Splits on EFnet and nocycle.tcl

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
slennox
Owner

Splits on EFnet and nocycle.tcl

Post by slennox »

As I haven't spent a great deal of time on EFnet in recent years (let alone had any bots running on that network), I'm curious as to whether the nocycle.tcl script is still relevant. Since I haven't received any feedback about it in that time, I assume it's either working as it did originally, or people have just stopped using it.

The reason I ask now is I intend to remove this EFnet-specific script from the upcoming netbots.tcl update, and need to know whether I should make a new standalone version of the script. nocycle.tcl detects and responds to three conditions:

1. split mode - *** Notice -- server is currently in split-mode
2. restricted mode - *** Notice -- You are in a restricted access mode
3. no_chanops_when_split - *** Notice -- Due to a network split, you can not obtain channel operator status in a new channel at this time. and *** Channel ops on <channel> are unavailable during split ***

My questions to EFnet users: Are all three of these still active on EFnet? Does nocycle.tcl still detect (a logfile message appears) and respond to each? Are there any new modes that are related?
demond
Revered One

Re: Splits on EFnet and nocycle.tcl

Post by demond »

slennox wrote: My questions to EFnet users: Are all three of these still active on EFnet? Does nocycle.tcl still detect (a logfile message appears) and respond to each? Are there any new modes that are related?
as far as I can see from ircd sources, those are gone in latest hybrid7 (I'd imagine also in ratbox)

instead, ircd replies with 437 (ERR_UNAVAILRESOURCE) "Nick/channel is temporarily unavailable" when configured with no_join_on_split or no_create_on_split and you try to cycle on split

as of restricted mode, it notifies you on connect with 484 (ERR_RESTRICTED) "You are restricted" and with notice on op attempt "*** Notice -- You are restricted and cannot chanop others"

hope this helps