This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

WarStats

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
m
m0oVe
Voice

WarStats

Post by m0oVe »

Hi all!
i need some help with the warstats tcl..can someone make the HTML settings work ?
i can't and i have been hours trying too..everything elese works but not the stats page..can someone help me ?
Hope to get an awnser :)
m0oVe @ PTnet
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

Try being (alot) more specific, then yea, maybe we can help you.

It would be helpful if you could tell us what settings you use and how you execute it, and posted the relevant code here (using code tags).
m
m0oVe
Voice

Post by m0oVe »

gb thankz for the quick reply.. =)
ok it goes like this in the HTML settings on the warstats tcl :

## Enable or disable html stats generator ( 1=enable , 0=disabled )
set war_html 1

## Set the delay between two updates of the html page.
set war_htmldelay 30

## Set the exact name of the template file you are using to build the html file ( including extention, there are 2 included in this package : sample.template ( show how to use bgcolor feature ) and default.template ( a very basic one ) ).
set war_template "sample.template"

## Set the exact name of the html file that will contain warstats ( don't forget the extention, .html or .htm )
set war_webname "warstats.html"

## Enable or disable the upload of the html page ( you may want to disable it and use a local webserver ) ( 1=enable , 0=disabled )
set war_upload 1

## Enable or disable the upload of the WarArchives.bak for a backup every day at 00h00 ( use the same FTP infos as the webserver )
set war_uploadbackup 1

## Set the address of your webserver ( only if "war_upload" or "war_uploadbackup" is set to "1" )
set war_webserver "ftp.xxx.net"

## Set the login of your access on webserver ( only if "war_upload" or "war_uploadbackup" is set to "1" )
set war_weblogin "xxxx"

## Set the password of your access on webserver ( only if "war_upload" or "war_uploadbackup" is set to "1" )
set war_webpassword "xxxx"

## Set the path where html file will be uploaded on webserver or copy into a local folder if "war_upload" is set to "0" ( use a leading "/" but no trailing "/" )
set war_webfolder "/usr/home/xxxx/public_html"

anything wrong here?the bot should make an html page on http://login.xxxx.net/warstats.html right ?
m0oVe @ PTnet
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

It should do depending on how your http access is setup. The root of public_html is the most common place for the root of websites. Is your bot giving any errors? (look in the partyline (dcc chat)) when it updates does it make a connection to your ftp but fails to upload the html? maybe its an ftp problem? Rule all these out first then we can start to look at the tcl. Also when you post code as gb asked, use the code tags. It's the button next to quote :lol:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
m
m0oVe
Voice

Post by m0oVe »

well i done it , i made the html settings right and the page is up and running , know i just need to know how to restart them xD
m0oVe @ PTnet
m
m0oVe
Voice

Post by m0oVe »

hmm i tryed to delete the html file ( warstats.tcl ) and know it doesnt appear again...whats wrong? the tcl and all the other stuff are right...but it does not create the html file to put the stats in :|
m0oVe @ PTnet
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

m0oVe wrote:hmm i tryed to delete the html file ( warstats.tcl ) and know it doesnt appear again...whats wrong? the tcl and all the other stuff are right...but it does not create the html file to put the stats in :|
you delete warstats.tcl or warstats.html? does the folder its trying to save to have write access now?
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
m
m0oVe
Voice

Post by m0oVe »

yes i think so..if not how can i do it ? :S
m0oVe @ PTnet
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Code: Select all

chmod 655 foldername