egghelp.org community Forum Index
[ egghelp.org home | forum home ]
egghelp.org community
Discussion of eggdrop bots, shell accounts and tcl scripts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ChanStats FTP and Passive mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Script Support & Releases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venus
Voice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: ChanStats FTP and Passive mode Reply with quote

Greetings.

I am still getting used to the syntax for tcl scripting so I am hoping for a quick response for what I think is easy but I don't know how to fix.

My problem is I am using Chanstats 3.1.2 and it will not upload my file to an ftp. I belive the problem is it needs to be in passive mode. I have looked on the forum for setting passive mode but the most I can find is to set -mode passive. It dosnt say where to set this and certainly is not pretaining to ChanStats.

So could someone tell me what line to set passive mode on? I belive it is in these lines but I am not sure.

Code:

set ftpid [open "|$cs(ftpclient) -n $cs(ftpname) $cs(ftpport) " w]
       puts $ftpid "user $cs(username) $cs(password)"
       foreach a $ullist {
        if {[file exists $a]} {
         puts $ftpid "put $a $cs(ftpfolder)[lindex [split $a "/"] end]"
        } else {putlog "CHATstats: Skipped uploading $a, file not found."}
       }

Anyone with experience with ChanStats that could help me figure out how to set it to passive? I would truely apreciate any help in this matter.

Venus
demond
Revered One

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

puts $ftpid "passive"
Venus
Voice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do I put this? I tried putting it above or below the other puts lines and it still does not work.
De Kus
Revered One

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my FTP clients use passive directly before they initiate the file transfer in your case before the PORT command. since you are using an 3rd party ftp client I suggest you to refer its man page to get the argument for using passive mode.
in case you use the unix command "FTP" it will probably be the parameter -p (lowercase letter). in which case the line would look like:
[open "|$cs(ftpclient) -np $cs(ftpname) $cs(ftpport) " w]
PS: i wonder why the scripter didnt use the "ftp://[user:password@]host[:port]" format for login. using
Code:
[open "|$cs(ftpclient) -p ftp://$cs(username):$cs(password)@$cs(ftpname):$cs(ftpport)" w]
would spare you the "puts $ftpid "user ..." line ^-^.
in case you are really using a not all to long outdated version of FTP ^^. im not familar with that command so I might have misinterpreted the man page Very Happy.
Love hurts, love strengthens...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    egghelp.org community Forum Index -> Script Support & Releases All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: