This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Speed?

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
D
Daniel
Voice

Speed?

Post by Daniel »

Hello!

All is working nicely with our Egg now, however it's very slow to respond to commands and actions from a next.tcl script we're using.

The ping is fine, it just seems to be sluggish to perform anything.

Is there anything I can tweak? I saw in the conf the thing about a delay for modes such as opping a user when they join, I set this and this is now fine. However commands and actions from our next script is slow and there's nothing in there about speed.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

there diffrent "speed modes", for raw code they are:
putquick, putserv and puthelp.
addionally there are pushmode (own queue) and putkick.

but be warned, putquick can be abused to make your flood off the irc server itself (and if not that, it will at least cause a heavy chan flood ^^).
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

And another command to bypass all queues is 'putdccraw' which will send the string of text directly to the server. It currently gives the fastest outputs if we time it with putquick -next. It will make the bot excess flood very fast -- should be only used carefully and when only necessary.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
N
NoZparker
Voice

Post by NoZparker »

is there anyway that a putquick can be made to send faster
instead of 1 line per second
perhaps 4 lines per second

whilst sending 20 lines of text putdccraw does flood

when i combined 20 lines of text the mesages still sent at the same speed as putquick
It's times like this I wished I had listened to What my dad used to say. Can't say what it was I never listened.
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Putquick can be made faster by using the '-next' option.

Code: Select all

putquick "string_here" -next
This '4 lines per second' will flood your bot off. I recommend not to bypass queuing. Queues are limited and you cannot change them, however you can modify the eggdrop source code, if you know how to and where to if you would like faster outputs.

PUTDCCRAW is unadvisable to use and shouldn't be used unless very it is need very critical -- only use it if the string length is small and you don't want to send alot of information to the server.

And comparing speed in microseconds for 2 very similar speed queues, could vary, due to server lag, shell lag and also if you are sending alot of information.
·­awyeah·

Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
N
NoZparker
Voice

Post by NoZparker »

nah ...
putquick "string_here" -next
is no faster

so lets look at the source code .... go on give us a clue
It's times like this I wished I had listened to What my dad used to say. Can't say what it was I never listened.
d
dossi
Voice

Post by dossi »

There is a change you might want in the eggdrop compile. Many people ask me how to make the eggdrops send server commands faster. By default an eggdrop sends 1 line per 2 seconds. This may be okay for you, but if you have 5+ eggdrops you might want that to be less. Note that the shorter you make this the more chance the eggdrops will flood off the server.

In src/mod/server.mod/server.c change the following line:

#define msgrate 2

To:

#define msgrate 0

Or:

#define msgrate 1.2

It accepts decimals, so you might have to play with it to get a delay
that you like.
N
NoZparker
Voice

Post by NoZparker »

well i recompiled the bots and set

#define msgrate 2

to

#define msgrate 1

and so far it's working great

twice the speed
thankyou very much dossi
if it don't get flooded off i may try .75 later
or dare i try .5 ...............lol
J
JoshuaUK
Voice

Post by JoshuaUK »

This might sound stupid, but I am a little new to this, how do I actually alter that? I recompile the bot? ... I really am still crap at this lol!
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

dossi wrote:There is a change you might want in the eggdrop compile. Many people ask me how to make the eggdrops send server commands faster. By default an eggdrop sends 1 line per 2 seconds. This may be okay for you, but if you have 5+ eggdrops you might want that to be less. Note that the shorter you make this the more chance the eggdrops will flood off the server.

In src/mod/server.mod/server.c change the following line:

#define msgrate 2

To:

#define msgrate 0

Or:

#define msgrate 1.2

It accepts decimals, so you might have to play with it to get a delay
that you like.
then recompile. (don't forget to kill the bot first)
J
JoshuaUK
Voice

Post by JoshuaUK »

hmm I have managed to find the file it is in my eggdrop1.6.17 directory.. in where it says it should be.. I also have another folder where the eggdrop runs take it that it is ok to have the two directories one I guess is where the files as talked about above is isntalled and the other is where eveyrthing else is installed or should I put everything into the one directory where the file server.c is? hmm might tyr it and just see if it makes any difference..

EDIT: well I have tried altering that setting and it just doesn't seem to have any real effect :( not sure why this is... :( will keep trying
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

you could install everything other hundreds of directories :P. Actually I currently use some symlinks directly into the source folder to save some quota ^-^. I hope you dont expect any changes without compiling the bot again and replacing the server.so or eggdrop binary (depending on wether you are using modular or static version).
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
J
JoshuaUK
Voice

Post by JoshuaUK »

to recompile just incase I am doing it wrong i ./confure ? and make etc.. again? is this correct, if not then I have done it wrong, I should imagine I don't have to re-install the entire bot and everything again, as for what version I have no idea :( lol silly me. Well I'd like to sort it out really so that it voices quicker in chat using allvoice.tcl, and greetd or something works quicker and publishes the lines quicker... it shouldn't flood as it isn't many lines.. perhaps I am doing it all wrong..
N
NoZparker
Voice

auto voicing faster

Post by NoZparker »

the fist command issued by the bot would be instant
so as a user joined the bots channel it should voice them immediately
if another user joined then they should also be voiced immediately
however if two users joined together then one may have to wait untill 2 seconds has expired (by default) before they are voiced.

It takes three seconds to focus your eyes on the window so the user would probably not even notice

if you are sending messages with the voicing then that would be a differant matter

(i think i'm right on that)