This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Post by Sir_Fz »

AllProtection 4.8 STABLE / 4.9 BETA

I recall someone have proposed the idea of a full protection script, I wrote one a week ago but didn't do enough tests on it. I think this script has all kinds of channel flood protections. Some of its protections:
- text floods (action or msg)
- repeat floods
- notice floods
- codes floods
- adv, bad words, and private spam
- bad nicks/idents (on join and change)
- join floods
- revolving door
- nick floods
- random nicks ban (drones)
- takeovers (mass deop/ban/kick)
- channel limit
- ctcp/ctcr floods
- part msg floods
- clones
- bad channels
- excess channels
- bad CTCP-replies
- Anti-spam bot (cycler)
+ Botnet flood protections:
- mass text floods.
- mass notice floods.
- mass ctcp/ctcr floods.
- mass join floods.
- mass revolving door floods.
- mass part msg floods.
- mass nick floods.
+ Private flood protections
- Private text floods.
- Private notice floods.
- Private ctcp/ctcr floods.
All configurable, and easy to use.

exempt methods:
# 0: Neither voices nor halfops are exempted from punishment
# 1: Voices are exempted from punishment
# 2: Halfops are exempted from punishment
# 3: Both halfops and voices are exempted from punishment
while ops, +f and +mo are exempted by default from any punishment.
## Available punishment methods:
# v: Void - do nothing
# w: Warn offender
# k: Kick offender
# b: Ban offender
# kb: Kick + Ban offender
# bk: Ban + Kick offender (new in version 4.9b)
# kl: KLine offender
# kil: Kill offender
#
## You can use them like this for example:
# w:k:kb
# this means, first Warn then Kick then Kickban. (if offence is repeated ofcourse)
## these steps will be triggered if the offences happend during <pwait> seconds.
# NOTE: These methods are not applicable on all flood types. I only applied this
# feature on the flood types I think they're needed.
Visit https://github.com/sirfz/allprotection.tcl/releases for the latest release.

Edit:
- v4.9: Beta release
- v4.8: First Github release
- Edit: New dropbox-hosted link added
- Stable release, version 4.7 has arrived!
- Updated beta from 4.6b8 to 4.6b9 with fixed bugs.
- Updated beta from 4.6b7 to 4.6b8 with extra features, enhancements and bug fixes.
- Updated download links.
- Updated beta from 4.6b6 to 4.6b7 with extra features added + code fixes.
- Updated beta from 4.6b5 to 4.6b6 with extra features added.
- Changed link(s) after downtime, scripts hosted by Alchera, Ayehan & Egghelp.org.
- Updated AllProtection v4.6b4 to 4.6b5 with reported bugs fixed.
- AllProtection v4.6b4 released for public (testing).
- AllProtection v4.5 Complete
- Updated from 4.3 to 4.4b20 with major, important and many many changes.
- Updated from 4.2 to 4.3 with fixed mass ban/deop/kick protections, bug fixes and new "*" for all channels feature.
- Updated from 4.1 to 4.2 with private protections, ability to relay warning to the channel and added the old drone kick proc back.
- Updated from 4.0 to 4.1 with a new drone kick proc and a bug fix.
- Updated from 3.9 to 4.0.
- Updated from 3.8b to 3.9 complete.
- Updated from 3.7b to 3.8b with several bug fixes + 2 new features requested by Marcel.
- Updated from 3.6b to 3.7b with a little syntax error fix.
- Updated from 3.5b to 3.6b with a major fix in the punish:method proc.
- Updated from 3.4b to 3.5b with an improvement to the code for faster performance.
- Updated from 3.3b to 3.4b with a new botnet flood protection (part msg), a fix in the botnet revolving door protection and a new feature: Kick count in kick msgs.
- Updated from 3.2b to 3.3b with another bug fix in the badnick ban.
- Updated from 3.1b to 3.2b with a bug fix in the notice (chars) protection.
- Updated from 3.0b to 3.1b with some bug fixes and extra features. (reported by Marcel)
- Updated from 2.9b to 3.0b with some new options to make things more user friendly, and shrunk the code by removing some repetetive code.
- Updated from 2.8b to 2.9b with a fix in the kline mask type and the syntax of the kline command.
- Updated from 2.7b to 2.8b with a bug fix and improvement to the kill/kline punishment methods.
- Updated from 2.6b to 2.7b with a lot of fixed bugs, and made other flood types support differenet punishment methods.
- Updated from 2.5b to 2.6b with support for kill/kline.
- Updated from 2.4b to 2.5b with minor bug fixes.
- Updated from 2.3b to 2.4b with major error fix in the punish:method proc.
- Updated from 2.2b to 2.3b with a new feature and improvements to the locking/unlocking system.
- Uploaded the file in zip format since some claimed the tar.gz was corrupted.
- Updated from 2.1b to 2.2b with some bug fixes on the locking and the drone kicker proc.
- Thanks slennox for hosting the script, I don't know why my page is down right now but I'm sure it'll be back up asap.
- Updated from 2.0b to 2.1b with improvements on some protection procedures.
- Updated from 1.9b to 2.0b with changes and updates to some protection patterns.
- Updated from 1.8b to 1.9b with major bug fixes reported by Silence.
- Updated from 1.7b to 1.8b with major bug fixes reported by Silence.[/list]
Last edited by Sir_Fz on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:41 am, edited 73 times in total.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I want to note out that the script is looking good now and I think it's completely bug free. Yet, I'm still going to treat it as beta untill more tests prove it's complete. I would appreciate it if more users help out with the testings. :)
d
domp
Voice

Post by domp »

I would like to try your script but the link is down for a while ;)
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Yep Sir_Fz, the link is down. Upload it somewhere on geocities etc free hostings which are stable.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

I'll host it on my website if wished; it couldn't be more reliable, fast and stable if it tried. :)
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

what's "revolving door" flood? :)

on a side note, there is no such thing "takeover protection" (or rather, it cannot be implemented effectively) - once the enemy has ops, even on just one of your bots, all bets are off; all other things being equal - your botnet script protection vs. their botnet takeover script, it's a matter of server lag and other semi-random factors which botnet wins the op/deop battle
slennox
Owner

Post by slennox »

Well that's just typical... figured I'd give the script a mention on the home page and shortly after, it disappears. Maybe it's suffering from The Egghelp Effect :lol:

Anyway, I happened to grab a copy earlier and I assume the script wasn't removed intentionally, so here it is for now.

EDIT: link deleted.
Last edited by slennox on Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

demond wrote:what's "revolving door" flood? :)
This is more commonly known as 'fly-by' where a user joins, parts then joins and so on attempting to desynch a channel (pretty usless thing to try these days though). It is also used to spam channels. Join msg an url then part. Extremely annoying and difficult to stop :cry:.

Nice job on this script Sir_Fz. May I make a suggestion as to something that may be added in future? "Allow the script to be used by opered bots i.e. adding support for server bans gline, akill and the like" Just a thought.

Again nice work mate :wink:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

^DooM^ wrote:Nice job on this script Sir_Fz. May I make a suggestion as to something that may be added in future? "Allow the script to be used by opered bots i.e. adding support for server bans gline, akill and the like" Just a thought.
Sure, I have no problem adding support for server bans but you'll have to tell me the commands and all the stuff needed for that since I don't have any experiance with these matters. And thanks for your compliment :)
demond wrote:on a side note, there is no such thing "takeover protection" (or rather, it cannot be implemented effectively) - once the enemy has ops, even on just one of your bots, all bets are off; all other things being equal - your botnet script protection vs. their botnet takeover script, it's a matter of server lag and other semi-random factors which botnet wins the op/deop battle
You're right, these protection methods are just the ones that eggdrop uses (flood-kick, flood-deop and a proc by me for flood-ban). It can be useful sometimes but not in most cases. Anyway, I just added these so the script would have all possible protections that people use.
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

All in all I think it is a handy script with allround protection. I had dediced to release one of similar nature myself, but it needs alot of time yet + testing.
·­awyeah·

Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Your Welcome. Credit where credits due and all that :)

The server commands that I find the most usefull are these on Unreal IRCD but these commands seem to be fairly universal now possibly even in the RFC but I havent read that lately :P I am sure others would like to see all the commands but I personally dont think they are all needed.

kill <nick> (server kick)

kline <nick> (to ban)
kline -<hostmask> (to remove ban)

akill <hostmask> (to ban)
akill -<hostmask> (to remove)

zline <ip> || <nick> (to ban)
zline -<*!*@ip> (to remove)

Possibly add support to the script to allow bots to oper up too would be a usefull addon. but not needed. Again nice work mate 8)
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Okay, I'll add the options for these commands as soon as I find time :) thanx.
^DooM^ wrote:Possibly add support to the script to allow bots to oper up too would be a usefull addon. but not needed. Again nice work mate 8)
you mean on connect or when the offence happens ? and I believe the oper command is "oper <id> <pass>" right ?
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

My bots oper up on connect so they can gain ops in all the channels they look after without the need to use other bots. Oper on init:server I feel would be more beneficial to oper bots on connect although other users may like the bot to sit idle unseen untill an offence has occured and super bot pounces :D Maybe add support for either modes? on connect or on offence. You are correct about the oper syntax too /oper username passwd. :wink: also I forgot too mention that some servers require a reason be supplied for server bans so a default reason should be applied. 8)
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I guess it's better like you said before "not needed" since probably the bot would be already opered up (tell me if I'm worng).

And about
kline <nick> (to ban)
kline -<hostmask> (to remove ban)
when you kline a nick, what's the default hostmask used so we can apply "kline -<hostmask>" if a kline time is specified ? (same question goes to the other kill commands)
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

kill is a one time thing same as kick.
kill <nick> <reason>

Kills a user from the network
kline can use hostmask to ban with also which is helpful :)
kline [+|-]<user@host | nick> [<time to ban> <reason>]

Bans the hostmask from the server it is issued on. A kline is not a global ban.
time to ban is either: a) a value in seconds, b) a time value, like '1d' is 1 day or c) '0' for permanent. Time and reason are optional, if unspecified set::default-bantime (default: 0/permanent) and 'no reason' are used.
To remove a kline use /kline -user@host
zline
zline [+|-]<*@ip> [<time to ban> <reason>]

Bans an IP Address from the local server it is issued on (not global). See kline for more syntax info. Use /zline -*@ip to remove.
gline
gline [+|-]<user@host | nick> [<time to ban> <reason>]

Adds a global ban to anyone that matches. See kline for more syntax info. Use /gline -user@host to remove.
gzline
gzline [+|-]<ip> <time to ban> :<reason>

Adds a global zline. See kline for more syntax info. Use /gzline -*@ip to remove a gzline.
The difference between kline and gline same for zline is kline is not global i.e. A user banned by kline will only be banned on that specific server on the network. A global ban will of course ban them on every server on the network but this depends on how the network is setup if opers are allowed to have access to all servers or not, so tbh I think kline and zline are the only ones needed in fact you can probably just use kline and kill those commands I am 99.9% sure will work on any server so for compatability issues I would say just use kill and kline to remove offending muppets :lol:

As a side note kline will automatically remove a user from the network you dont have to kill them as well.

Cheers mate :)