This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

kline [+|-]<user@host | nick> [<time to ban> <reason>]

Bans the hostmask from the server it is issued on. A kline is not a global ban.
time to ban is either: a) a value in seconds, b) a time value, like '1d' is 1 day or c) '0' for permanent. Time and reason are optional, if unspecified set::default-bantime (default: 0/permanent) and 'no reason' are used.
To remove a kline use /kline -user@host
so if I use
kline *!*@host 10 some offence
*!*@host will be klined for 10 seconds with reason "some offence" or should I specify like 10s for 10 seconds or 10m for 10 minutes ?

I decided to use kline and kill only as you suggested. Thanx :)
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

I always work it out in seconds as not all servers are compatible with the other formats. :wink:

so it will be kline *!*ident@host 10 your a muppet for a 10 second server ban. :)
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Okay, so hopefuly this weekend I'll add the following features:
- Support for oper commands (kill and kline)
- Use different types of punishments (i.e. warn on first offense, kick on 2nd, bankick on 3rd... and can be configured as the user wishes)
these are the suggestions I've recieved and will work on adding :)
a
andrie
Voice

protect friend and owner

Post by andrie »

before, i want say: sorry for my english i'am from indonesia :)

in my chan running 2 eggdrop games (one eggdrop is op and one is not op) and i want this script don't kick my bot games. how to set this script ? i want this script knows a friends or owner like flag +o +n +m and maybe u can add protection to kick revenges user if user (op) kick my friend, master, etc.

thanks.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

This script exempts +f & +mo users, so if you give the game bots +f flag, they won't be kicked for flood. As for the friends/masters protect, don't know if it suites the script but anyway I'll add it and consider it in the anti-takeover category.
CooLB0Y
Voice

Post by CooLB0Y »

i downloaded the file but it doesnt open :| i get the error message when ever i click on it.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

CooLB0Y wrote:i downloaded the file but it doesnt open :| i get the error message when ever i click on it.
It's corrupted! It holds no headers so the archive cannot be extracted with either WinAce (preferred) or WinZip. Just delete it and wait for Sir_Fz to (preferably) upload a zipped archive.
Last edited by Alchera on Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Uploaded the file again in zip format, it should make no problems now.

Status of the script:

Currently I had no reports about any bugs in this version (2.2b). I'm working on the different-punishment-methods feature and the ability to kill and kline, hopefuly I'll release it tommorow for testing.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

ok, I've added the feature to choose different punishment methods (read initial post) but it needs alot of testing to make sure that all methods are working and on the specified flood types. If you think there are other flood types that should have this feature too, just tell me and if I agree I'll add it. Another improvement I've done is on the locking/unlocking system where the bot will no more annoy the channel with several locks/unlocks at a time.

Please download and test this version so we won't take forever to discover the bugs and so on...

^DooM^: I did not start on the kill/kline feature but will do as soon as I finish a project I have for university. If you have time, I want you to post here on what flood types do you want the bot to be able to kill/kline (as I'm sure it's not needed for all flood types like for example swearing :P ) Thank you :)
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Sir_Fz wrote:^DooM^: I did not start on the kill/kline feature but will do as soon as I finish a project I have for university. If you have time, I want you to post here on what flood types do you want the bot to be able to kill/kline (as I'm sure it's not needed for all flood types like for example swearing :P ) Thank you :)
No rush pal I rigged Sentinel.tcl to kline instead of kick on floods so I am not without protection atm :) I'll Post which flood types would be usefull for kline in a bit ;]
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

The ones I feel would be of most use are.

## 11 ## Mass deop.

## 12 ## Mass kick.

## 13 ## Mass ban (bans).

## 15 ## Join flood.

## 16 ## Part msg flood.

## 19 ## Clones.

## 21 ## Random drones.

And all the botnet floods.

Heh should keep you busy for a while =D
Cheers.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Ok will add it for those flood types, except for the botnet floods because the protection for this types of floods is only channel locking and I think innocent people might be effected by it if we killed all the flooders.

PS: I updated to 2.4b since 2.3b had a huge bug.
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

I wonder if it's also possible to slightly modify this to be a "nightwatch" for my small ircd server, so I can turn some of the punishments in akill lines on the operserv
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

CosmicD wrote:I wonder if it's also possible to slightly modify this to be a "nightwatch" for my small ircd server, so I can turn some of the punishments in akill lines on the operserv
Can you be clearer on this issue ? I didn't understand what you meant.
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

okey,

I'm using a small service, and its somtimes nice that there is some kind of "nightwatch" bot when I'm not there.

added to the punishing methods, could there be a punishment method like: warn, kick KLINE.

So when I set the bot on a channel and it's getting flooded it can do the same thing as the existing punishments, but added to that, a K line routine that K lines the user automaticly (because I'll give the bot irc op access)