This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Ok, will work on this feature.
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

thx, that would be cool as it cna benifit more users. With a good working up to dat script like that, this can be a good "quick solution" for small ircd's :)

It would be nice that people can set the duration of the K line, and, that the script can be configured to do the /oper command :)
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

So the punishment methods would be:
# 1: warn - kick - kickban
# 2: warn - kick
# 3: warn - kickban
# 4: kick - kickban
# 5: kickban
# 6: warn - kick - kline
# 7: warn - kline
# 8: kick - kill - kline
# 9: kill - kline
# 10: kline
I know there're more methods, but there's no need to increase them that much so if you think one of these methods is not needed or you can replace one (or more) with another, don't hesitate to tell me.
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

I think you have covered every angle there mate. Nice one. I am looking forward to trying it :wink:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

dats kool :) looking forward to try it :)
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Ok, added those punishment methods but they're still not applied to drone nicks, clones, join, mass ban....etc but only applied on the same types as the pervious methods were. I will work on applying them on the flood types that ^DooM^ mentioned tonight, but I wish you'd test this version (2.6). Thank you :)
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Yep sure i'll test em as soon as i get my Linux box back up. Probably be at least thursday before I get to test it.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

oki

i've loaded the script.. and wel: it just sits there, I especially look for the private and spam advertisement but it just doesnt give any response. I notice flood and , its the standard notice flood settings that put me on ignore so it cant do anything further...

Wonder what's goign on :(

I got it to do something, but it doesn't really do the thing that is advertized as punishment type 6:

I start advertizing on a channel, but it only kiicks, (not warn when type 6 is chosen).. then : it gives the following error:
[19:35] <bot> [19:36] Tcl error [adv:kick]: can't read "ktype": no such variable

when spamming privately I get :

[19:34] <bot> [19:35] Tcl error [adv:private]: can't read "ktype": no such variable
Last edited by CosmicD on Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

the script has been upgraded with bug fixes, and now other flood protections can have different punishment methods. Try the new version (2.7b).

I have to tell you, this was not easy... takes too many energy and too many bytes in the script :P so if you don't test this version constantly and send me bug reports, I might go back to the previous script (with no support for kill/kline...). Thank you :)
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

yep, thats why I started testing already and you can find my findings in the message above your last one :)

going to test the new now, I'm going to concentrate on one thing at the time, wich is the spam private/public kline punishment
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Sir_Fz wrote:the script has been upgraded with bug fixes, and now other flood protections can have different punishment methods. Try the new version (2.7b).

I have to tell you, this was not easy... takes too many energy and too many bytes in the script :P so if you don't test this version constantly and send me bug reports, I might go back to the previous script (with no support for kill/kline...). Thank you :)
No Fear, FZ, I will give it a hammering as soon as. I personally appreciate all the effort and hard work you have put into this script. May you be rewarded with good fortune forever more my good friend. If that fails I'll buy you a few beers :wink:
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Thanx ^DooM^ and CosmicD, I appreciate you helping me with this script and thank you ^DooM^ keep that bear option open so I might return in the future if no good fortune appeared :P :lol:
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

Hello,

I chose the punish mode 6 for advertising, anyways, its kind of nasty i think. it works ,

i get a notice, then i get kicked and then the service notices me the bot has placed a K line, but ofcourse... it should kill in the process too and it doesnt do that..
I'm not busy so long with being server op yet, maybe theres an option in the ircd that kills a k-lined client automaticly .. dunno yet

When I chose punish mode 8 instead: I get

Tcl error [adv:kick]: missing "
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I thought that when you kline someone, the user should automatically get killed. Anyway, I'll add a kill line too and fix that error.
C
CosmicD
Op

Post by CosmicD »

hmm... well I /klined myself and it kills the user too, very weird, maybe its something with the rights I gave to the bot.. i must look into that, but well, that extra line your going to add isn't going to harm i guess

I'm looking in to this, but when your going to go trough with the modification: I suggest that for the kill, you would just do kill, and for the kline, kill & kline :)