This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

SSL Connection

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
i
inxs
Voice

SSL Connection

Post by inxs »

my eggdrop version is 1.6.16 and i want my bot connect by SSL can any one help me with this :!:
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

hey stop asking questions which you should be able to answer yourself, after minimal effort to RTFM
i
inxs
Voice

Post by inxs »

the server i tried to connect through has to be like /server irc.network.net +7001 to connect by SSL so i add server : irc.netowork.net:+7001 to the .conf file. Guess thats not the place to connect using SSL, so i need ur help GUYS

Newbie still learning to do it myself :oops:
d
dwickie
Halfop

Post by dwickie »

inxs wrote:the server i tried to connect through has to be like /server irc.network.net +7001 to connect by SSL so i add server : irc.netowork.net:+7001 to the .conf file. Guess thats not the place to connect using SSL, so i need ur help GUYS

Newbie still learning to do it myself :oops:
this +port thingy is ONLY mirc feature, so you cant apply this in eggdrop

try look at this: http://www.egghelp.org/files.htm
i
inxs
Voice

Post by inxs »

dwickie i've downloaded eggdrop1.6.17-ssl.diff , do i have to load or just add to the eggdrop dir, or how will i do it?
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

You will need to install SSL on your machine. You can get it here.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
c
conan_i
Voice

Post by conan_i »

uhhh!! i have the same problem with that, ^DooM^ i've downloaded OpenSSL & eggdrop1.6.17-ssl.diff and how will i connect to? the port to connect to SSL is 6660 do i have to add the port to the .conf file?
Like : add-server : irc.egghelp.org:6660 ?

waiting ur reply :D
i
inxs
Voice

Post by inxs »

^DooM^ wrote:You will need to install SSL on your machine. You can get it here.
oh really?!! thought i need eggdrop1.6.17-ssl.diff, but i dont know how to do it, ive just download it dont know what else to do!!, help please
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

you need to patch your eggdrop with that .diff file you have downloaded, then recompile it

RTFM for info on how to do that
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

As demond said. Its all in the damn readme file. Read it and do it. It's not hard. And please stop Private messaging me.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
i
inxs
Voice

Post by inxs »

demond wrote:you need to patch your eggdrop with that .diff file you have downloaded, then recompile it

RTFM for info on how to do that
can u please tell me clearly, i cant understand, sorry for asking again and again this will be my last post here if u can tell me cleary how to/where to put the file/ etc please
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

if you're unable to comprehend eggdrop's documentation and tons of help files on this website, running eggdrop is not for you buddy
i
inxs
Voice

Post by inxs »

i havnt seen any help file for eggdrop1.6.17-ssl.diff where will i find it?
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

you didn't even bother to browse through this website, did you?

if you did, you would've found how to use patches

and I already told you that what you have downloaded is a patch (even though it has .diff file suffix, not .patch); so get a f*cking clue how to patch and help yourself
i
inxs
Voice

Post by inxs »

do i have to install OpenSSL to my eggdrop dir? i've just install OpenSSL setup to my eggdrop dir without making a new dir for OpenSSL