slow eggdrops

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
A
Atomic
Voice

slow eggdrops

Post by Atomic »

ok i have a little question

hehe

umm how many scripts/channels can a eggdrop handle

is it the more scripts you load onto it the slower it gets
also how many channels would be ummm accetable for
the bot to run in currently i have mine in 10
could this be the problem?

is there away to make it speed up

when it has a full msg/cmd queue it seems to take forever
to get all msg/cmd out of the queue....

speacaily on startup he is very slow....

how can i make it clear the msg queue faster?
and run cmds faster :)

can i make the msg queue larger?
sometimes it misses out cmds when it in a slow state
hope you understand what i mean

thank you
Atomic
sKy
Op

Post by sKy »

on startup the bot will do
/names
/who #channel 'arguments, don`t know yet'
/mode #channel
/mode #channel +b

And this for each channel. This provides the commands like ischanban, onchan, isop etc... There is no way to speed up this (exapt editing the source).

An eggdrop can handle really much things and it will be still fast. On my bot run many script. You can install much as you want, as long them have a good output system.

The only thing which makes your bot slow is the serveroutput. If you have installed much scripts which send things to the server this is queued. This is needed to prevent excess flood.

Putquick is the fastes queue and should be used for things which are important. Then you have pushmode, putkick, putserv and the slowest puthelp (which should be used for a lot off messages etc.).

Maybe you should check the lag to the sever? Or maybe jump to another one.. This makes the bot slow in serveroutput too.

At least, well, i don`t know really. But it`s possible that your CPU or system the bot runs on is to slow? I doubt it, because i have seen eggdrops which run 'only' for example a computer on a computer which 'only 233 mhz'. I doub`t that this is the problem.

Another thing which can make the bot slow are other aplications? Maybe another eggdrop? Other aplications on that system? Maybe another eggdrop running on that system which uses really much utimers/afters or endless loops which makes no sense.

Maybe you run a newsscript which will check a lot of websites? Or any senseless statistic or other kind of scripts.

Well,i hope anything of this will help.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

the simplest thing you can do is to reduce the number of scripts you are using - get rid of as many as you can, especially the lamest ones

also, if you use seen or/and stats scripts, exchange those with modules (gseen.mod, stats.mod)