This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Remote console

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
demond
Revered One

Remote console

Post by demond »

tired of DCC-ing or telneting to your leafs? well, sit back and relax at your hub console, you now have full remote control to any bot in the botnet via remote console; never bother to .relay to those leafs again!

I hate to repeat myself, so here are the docs so far (script's header):

Code: Select all

#################################################################################
#                                                                               #
# rconsole.tcl - full remote control/console for eggdrop by demond@demond.net   #
#                                                                               #
#                this thing utilizes the botnet to open a remote console to     #
#                any linked bot; why would I need that, you ask... well, for    #
#                starters, it eliminates the need of DCC CHAT, telnet, .relay   #
#                to the bot you need to control - now you can control all of    #
#                your leafs from the hub's console, conveniently issuing just   #
#                a single command which will get replicated and executed on     #
#                all remote consoles you've opened; think also of all firewall  #
#                problems you circumvent with this thing - it enables you with  #
#                full access to any bot on your botnet, regardless whether its  #
#                host is firewalled or not                                      #
#                so how is this different from the netbots script? well, unlike #
#                netbots, rconsole gives you full remote access to any eggdrop  #
#                command, not just to a predefined and limited set of custom    #
#                netbots commands; that being said, it should be noted that     #
#                rconsole is not meant as substitution of netbots - you may     #
#                find it most useful when used alongside netbots, although it   #
#                implements full botnet control by itself                       #
#                naturally, rconsole supports multiple users simultaniously,    #
#                that is, any user can open a remote console independently of   #
#                other users logged into the bot                                #
#         Usage: .rc <bot|*> [command|text]  ("*" is used to send to all bots)  #
#                when used without command/text, it sends initial login request #
#       History: 1.0 - initial version                                          #
#################################################################################
testers needed! I'd appreciate your feedback, folks; especially with multiple rconsoles open by different users simultaniously

I intend to develop this further, adding more features
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

Update:

version 1.1 - added rci command (inquiring remote info about bot's uptime, server, machine's version, hostname, uptime, load averages); more to come
KrzychuG
Master

Post by KrzychuG »

I was looking for such script some time ago. Your is quite nice, but:
1. firewall is a problem: your script relay to bot, what means that it open connection to it and if somebody blocked that port on firewall you won't be able to connect.
2. if you open remote console to few bots you will have a lot of outgoing connections.
3. You have to put your login and password on public (other users logged in on hub will see it) during sending login data (remote bot ask for that).

My plan was to make a remote console without loggin on remote bot (what seems to be impossible, i cannot execute any command on remote bot in that case, but it's just an idea). I also planned to assosiate console channels to remote bots. For example, on console channel 5 i have remote console opened to bot 'e5'. On console chnanel 6 to remote bot 'e6'. To enter that channel use .chat channel_number. This should be possible to do. With assoc module loaded you can even add names to console channel.
Que?
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

none of your points is valid, and you obviously haven't bothered to test the script

1. a firewall is not a problem at all, those are local TCP connections, and firewalls don't block such, never
2. huh? what connections? everything goes through the botnet dude
3. noone will see your password, unless they can set console +t, which can only be set by owners, and owners have full control over their bot anyway

next time make a minimal effort to actually read the script you are bashing
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

as of your plan, you can't open a console without logging in - unless you patch the bot and create the Tcl interface needed to control that from scripts

and a console channel, assoc'ed or not, still uses the same DCC idx, so I don't see the point of using such - other than filtering other remote consoles, which you normally wouldn't want to do - after all, the main purpose of this thing is to control the botnet from the hub, which implies the need of centralised information gathering (i.e. a single virtual console)

but even if that was to be desired, you couldn't implement it in Tcl alone - you have no Tcl interface to console chat channels
DragnLord
Owner

minor newbie point

Post by DragnLord »

You may want to put in the info that the script must be loaded on all bots to work. (otherwise you may get a lot of "it doesn't work" responses)

I've only done limited testing, but it seems to be good work (as usual).
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

good point, I will do that

also, I need to fix an obscure bug in idx associating when a bot serves multiple rconsoles at the same time
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

1.3 released, fixed all known bugs; please let me know if you find any (yes I'm aware [idx2hand] doesn't work on script idx, will circumvent that in 1.4)
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

1.4 is out, it will be the final one, unless some showstopper bug emerges
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Nice work mate. Now if only I had my old botnet to try it on lol. I havent been on IRC for months only to test Sir_Fz's script out. I can see how your script will be extremely usefull for botnet management though. ;)
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

:shock: bitchin' script demond :!:
it was made an immediate must-have script after just one day of testing with me :wink:
thank you for releasing such a stable, well-built script! Tis a shame that more Masters of Code, such as yourself, do not make scripts public anymore, or completely obfuscate the tcl completely so no one can learn how it works. Strikelight & MC_8 immediately come to mind...bitchin' tcl scriptors, but tryin to learn by example from thier obfuscated scripts is damn near impossible, mainly due to lamers hijackin thier code and claiming they wrote it....
please keep crackin out superior scripts like this rconsole :lol: it lets me spend more time suckin' down Heinekens, and less time relaying to each damn bot :wink:
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

well thanks for your kindness, I'd really have wanted to implement some sort of easier full access to other bots in the botnet, but alas, eggdrop doesn't provide an authentication mechanism other than interactive logging in with handle & password

but I guess rconsole does a fairly good job too, making botnet runners' lives easier, especially when coupled with netbots
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

a nice side effect in rconsole is the fact that you don't need to create bot records for the sake of .relay anymore - rconsole will reach any linked bot on-the-fly, even if that bot is not on your userlist (of course, the remote bot must run rconsole too)
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

it should be noted that you need to be cautious when using rconsole in heterogenous botnet environments - that is, botnets including foreign bots, not your own only; for example, if you reply on the password prompt with .rc * password, each bot in the botnet, including foreign linked bots that don't run rconsole, will receive the password - and it could be sniffed

I'm willing to implement broadcasting to known and flagged bots only, if there is enough demand for this; if not, I won't bother... my botnet consists of my bots anyway :P
sKy
Op

Post by sKy »

I think it might be nice if you add this.

Anyway, .rc * password isn`t a good idea. On differnt bots i got different handles and passwords (differnet botowners). So if you want a suggestion it will be cool if you improve some kind of "logingroups" which are configurable in the config. Maybe a autologin will be nice too.

Another point, syntax: .rc bot,bot,?bot? [command|text]. That`s not that much important but i think not to hard to add.

The lest small suggestion, if i am logged in on partyline of the bot "mybot" and i type .rc mybot anything, it should reponse mybot - that`s me or something like that and not mybot is not on the botnet.

Anyway... This is one of the best scripts i have seen arround in the last time. Good job.