This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

script for nickserv ident with auto release?

Discussion of Eggdrop's code and module programming in C.
L
Lolita
Voice

script for nickserv ident with auto release?

Post by Lolita »

is there any script for nickserv ident with automaticaly release my nickname when its used by someone else then my bot? i tryed many nickserv ident scripts but noone of them has this ):
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

you are on the wrong forum

and you might want to search harder, there surely are scripts that do what you want (releasing or "ghosting" the nick) - or at least there should be hehe (no shortage of bloated "identify" stuff)
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Lolita could be referring to DALnet's latest annoying "feature" where, if someone other than the nick holder has used an enforced nick, NickServ Enforcer holds that nick for 12 hrs or until a specific release command is issued for that nick by the registered owner.

Code: Select all

/msg NickServ@services.dal.net RELEASE dalvenjah AnyGoodPassword
On connecting this is the noticed received:
Server says my nickname is invalid.
You (or your bot) are immediately disconnected! There appears to be no scripting solution for eggdrops that encounter this problem (although it is not a daily occurrence).
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

heh, I thought they've had that for ages

hmm, it should be possible to script anything bound to the server's output - if it says nickname is invalid, change $::nick and connection should succeed on the next attempt
L
Lolita
Voice

Post by Lolita »

no i mean classic release, when you type relase nick pass and it release it, but when i try script which was supposed to do it it doesn't work or it was manual, and other scripts doesn't even have realese/ghost command
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

post your trial code in the appropriate forum (Script Help) and maybe someone would be willing to help you