This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

What is wrong here? Flaw in reasoning ?

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
S
Sloop
Halfop

What is wrong here? Flaw in reasoning ?

Post by Sloop »

Hello there, I do not understand that, maybe I am thinking completely wrong way :P

I have a hub (HUB), and three leafs(bot1,bot2,bot3). On the hub I have 2 users which I created manually, additionally to the 3 leaf bots which of course have to exist on my hubs user list.

I am using allfloodprotection on hub and bot1, and the exempts are for users with flag 'f' or 'o' or 'm'. My problem is:

The bot2 should not have +o but I want him to have +f. So I connected with DCC to my Hub and looked at my user list with ".match *" and my bot2 is in there with the +f flag. But bot1 runs also the allfloodprotection and he kicks/bans my bot2, because in the userlist of "bot2" the "bot3" is not in there. In general I can't find the botnames of my botnet in bot2 and bot3, they only exist in the userlist of the hub. I thought that all linked bots should have +f and know each other. Shouldn't I see all the bots in every bot's user list?? Only the hub shows up fine everything, the leaf bots only contain the HUB name in their userlist, what about the other bots? How can I give all my botnet +f each other so they know each other?

Do I have to create on bot2 and bot3 manually users .+hub and .+bo1 and give them +f ??? This sounds not a fine solution. Can someone help please?
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

if you have multiple bots guarding one channel, link them all with share and then give +o flag to each (the flag will be automatically replicated)
S
Sloop
Halfop

Post by Sloop »

demond, they are all linked with share as I told you. The hub has +gs and my leafs +gp

But I cannot give bot2 the +o flag on my hubs user list, because then bot2 will be auto-opped, and I don't want him to have ops. My Hub is doing autoop because +autoop is enabled. And I have to keep that.

How can I force my leafs to know each other with the +f flag??
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

didn't you read on these forums 2398423234 times already why autoop is lame and bad? if not, do so
S
Sloop
Halfop

Post by Sloop »

No,I never did read that before. Maybe you can advice me to a link? But this is regardless my question. It's just a trivial solution to give +o, there has to be another possibility.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

in this case, like many others, the trivial solution happens to be optimal and most rational
S
Sloop
Halfop

Post by Sloop »

this really sucks man. Furthermore it does not work like you said. I gave the +o flag for bot2 on my hub, but the problem still remains: "The user bot2 does NOT exist on the bot1 userlist. The only way is to enter him manually, but then somehow it will be overwritten be the hub, because the aggressive filesharing.

Can someone help me out here?
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

hey dude, I've been running eggdrop in botnets when you weren't even in the plans of your parents, so you're not really in position to qualify my recommendations okay?

if you, after reading through the comprehensive docs on the subject, are unable to set up the simplest botnet with proper sharing and flags, you better not run eggdrop at all, at least not linked to another bot
S
Sloop
Halfop

Post by Sloop »

Keep cool demond,I DID NOT QUALIFY YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS, I said: THIS sucks in generally, because it doesn't work! And exactly THAT'S MY PROBLEM, maybe you did not understand me:

Regardless of the flags I give for the bo2 on my HUB, the hub1 does never has this in his replicated user list. That's why I am looking for a suitable solution to get my problem solved.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

if you have set the userfile sharing in a proper manner, all userflag changes will propagate to all sharing bots, unless you have private-global set to 1, in which case the bots with that setting will reject changes of the flags included in private-globals (read eggdrop.conf carefully)

also (you might not be aware of that, but I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere in the docs and botnet setup manuals), +o botflags are not shared, meaning you need to set those manually on each bot guarding common channel
S
Sloop
Halfop

Post by Sloop »

Demond, the problem is NOT REALLY THAT THE FLAGS ARE NOT REPLICATED, BUT: The bots do NOT APPEAR in the userlist of bot1, bot2 and bot3. I show you a screenshot:

My HUB:
----------
*** Matching '*':
HANDLE PASS NOTES FLAGS LAST
bot1 yes 0 bfloN 18:42 (#mychan)
BOT FLAGS: gs
HOSTS: -telnet!*@my.server.com, *!bot1@222.222.222.222
ADDRESS:
users: 3333, bots: 3333
bot2 yes 0 bfloN 18:42 (#mychan)
HOSTS: *!bot2@222.222.222.222, -telnet!*@my.server.com
ADDRESS:
bot3 yes 0 bfloN 18:24 (#mychan)
HOSTS: -telnet!*@my.server.com, *!bot3@111.111.111.111
ADDRESS:
Sloop yes 0 fhjlmnoptxPQ 19:04 (partyline)
HOSTS: -telnet!*@localhost, Sloop!myident@*.ppp.dialin.net
-telnet!*@loopback
Saved Console Settings:
Channel: #mychan
Console flags: mkcobxs, Strip flags: -, Echo: yes
Page setting: 0, Console channel: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.chaninfo
Settings for dynamic channel #mychan:
Protect modes (chanmode): +tn-kpsRM
Idle Kick after (idle-kick): DON'T!
stopnethack-mode: 3
aop-delay: 0:0
revenge-mode: 0
ban-time: 60
exempt-time: 0
invite-time: 5
Other modes:
-inactive -statuslog -secret +shared
+greet -seen -cycle +dontkickops
+protectops +protectfriends +revenge +revengebot
-bitch -autoop -autovoice -nodesynch
+enforcebans +dynamicbans +userbans -autohalfop
+protecthalfops
-dynamicexempts +userexempts -dynamicinvites +userinvites
flood settings: chan ctcp join kick deop nick
number: 0 0 3 0 0 0
time : 0 0 5 0 0 0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far so good? Well, on #mychan only the HUB and BOT1 should bee channel-ops (+o). Autoop is disabled on ANY bot (as you adviced me), I use ChanServ to op my HUB and BOT1.

Now look at the settings of BOT1:

*** Matching '*':
HUB yes 0 bfloN 07:39 (linked)
BOT FLAGS: ghp
HOSTS: *!hubbot@my.server.com
ADDRESS: reverse.dns.of.my.server.com
users: 3335, bots: 3335
Sloop yes 0 fhjlmnoptxPQ 19:15 (partyline)
Saved Console Settings:
-telnet!*@loopback
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Settings for dynamic channel #mychan:
Protect modes (chanmode): +tn-kpsRM
Idle Kick after (idle-kick): DON'T!
stopnethack-mode: 3
aop-delay: 0:0
revenge-mode: 0
ban-time: 60
exempt-time: 0
invite-time: 5
Other modes:
-inactive -statuslog -secret +shared
+greet -seen -cycle +dontkickops
+protectops +protectfriends +revenge +revengebot
-bitch -autoop +autovoice -nodesynch
-enforcebans +dynamicbans +userbans -autohalfop
+protecthalfops
-dynamicexempts +userexempts -dynamicinvites +userinvites
flood settings: chan ctcp join kick deop nick
number: 0 0 0 0 0 0
time : 0 0 0 0 0 0
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now do you see that the bots DOES NOT APPEAR in the userlist of bot1, and the same [censored] is with bot2 and bot3... They only contain in their userlists ME and the HUB-BOT. Here also the screenshot of bot2's userlist:

HUB yes 0 bfloN 16:07 (linked)
BOT FLAGS: ghp
HOSTS: *!hubbot@my.server.com
ADDRESS: reverse.dns.of.my.server.com
users: 3335, bots: 3335
Sloop yes 0 fhjlmnoptxPQ 19:21 (partyline)
Saved Console Settings:
-telnet!*@loopback

That's what confuses me, should'nt be there also the other bots included in the userlist??? Maybe know you understand what's my problem??!
When I enter ".bots" on my hub's console I see in summary all 4 bots. When I enter ".bottree" I am getting this:

HUB
|-+bot1
|-+bot2
`-+bot3
Average hops: 1.0, total bots: 4

Hope you can help, im a already so frustraded with my [censored] problem :(
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

what happens when you type .+bot testbot from the hub? or from some of the leafs (but login to all bots first, and set console +th)
S
Sloop
Halfop

Post by Sloop »

Yo demond, I did following now:

set raw-log 1 on my HUB and BOT3.

Then I logged into their consoles and set ".console mkcobxsth" which was accepted. When I put ".+bot testbot" at my HUBs console the user is added fine. Then I kill the process of my bot3 with "kill -9 <bot3id>" and restarted BOT3 with "./bot3.botchk" and meanwhile I looked at my console of the HUB where you see following:

[20:26] Lost bot: seksouliara (lost 1 bot and 0 users).
*** Lost bot: seksouliara (lost 1 bot and 0 users)
[20:26] Telnet connection: my.server.com/62729
[20:26] Timeout/EOF ident connection
[20:26] Challenging bot3...
[20:26] Linked to bot3.
*** Linked to bot3
[20:26] [bot3] tb bot3
[20:26] [bot3] el
[20:26] {bot3} uy exempts invites
[20:26] Creating resync buffer for bot3
[20:26] Sending user file send request to bot3
[20:26] Completed userfile transfer to bot3.
[20:26] [bot3] u HUBBOT +EDNE
[20:28] [bot3] pi
[20:30] [bot3] po
[20:30] [bot3] pi
...etc...

The userfile seems to bee transferred to bot3, but when I do a ".match *" on my bot3, the just new created "testbot" does NOT appear!!!

But when doin this same procedure by adding a new user with ".+user testuser" the user appears also on the bot3. It seems that BOT-USERS are NOT REPLICATED to my other bots, and exactly THAT'S MY DAMN PROBLEM which I do not know to solve.

Hope you or someone can help me out here???! BIG TNX IN ADVANCE