This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Problem with saving the userfile & other commands overal

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
D
Decl
Voice

Problem with saving the userfile & other commands overal

Post by Decl »

The bot doesn't save the userfile on command .save:

[18:08:37] <Decl> .save
[18:08:37] <botje> [18:08] #Decl# save
[18:08:37] <botje> Saving user file...
[18:08:37] <botje> [18:08] ERROR writing user file.

What could the problem be ?
Last edited by Decl on Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.clanbaseradio.com
G
Galadhrim
Op

Post by Galadhrim »

does the bot have the correct rights?

The bot should be booted with the user who owns the files or the files(& dirs) should have property 777. Otherwise it will never work.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

either insufficient file/directory permissions or exceeded disk quota
D
Decl
Voice

Post by Decl »

Now I found out, that '.save' works when I am alone on the partyline. When there is somebody else and I try '.save', it displays such message. Saving or writing the files automatically after each hour works normally.

Another question: what's the command to remove somebody from the partyline (like kick or something :P) ?
www.clanbaseradio.com
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

Decl wrote:Now I found out, that '.save' works when I am alone on the partyline. When there is somebody else and I try '.save', it displays such message. Saving or writing the files automatically after each hour works normally.

Another question: what's the command to remove somebody from the partyline (like kick or something :P) ?
the command is .boot - why don't you do yourself a favor....type .help all and read...
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

Decl wrote:Now I found out, that '.save' works when I am alone on the partyline. When there is somebody else and I try '.save', it displays such message. Saving or writing the files automatically after each hour works normally.
LOL

get rid of your scripts and see if the problem persists
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

There is no way '.save' would behave that way when there are other users on the partyline. As demond indicates, you appear to have a script that is causing your problem.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
D
Decl
Voice

Post by Decl »

And anyway... I found out there are a lot of other problems, while more than 1 user are on partyline. For example, .help never works, when 2 are there. When I enter the partyline and somebody is in there, MOTD doesn't appear as it normally should... the other user can't make .whois himself, altho I can (as a global owner). I don't get it... :S

It also crashes on realoading config (.rehash) while 2 users on p/l. Altho I have all scripts I've added myself disabled. WTF?
www.clanbaseradio.com
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

Decl wrote:And anyway... I found out there are a lot of other problems, while more than 1 user are on partyline. For example, .help never works, when 2 are there. When I enter the partyline and somebody is in there, MOTD doesn't appear as it normally should... the other user can't make .whois himself, altho I can (as a global owner). I don't get it... :S

It also crashes on realoading config (.rehash) while 2 users on p/l. Altho I have all scripts I've added myself disabled. WTF?
if help doesn't work, check to make sure you have the path correctly defined in the conf file :!:
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

in any case such behaviour is not due to a bug in eggdrop hehehe

either you still run lame script(s), or your bot isn't standard eggdrop (patched? hacked? cracked?), or you simply messed up your userrecord(s) and when someone logs in, the bot recognizes them as you (or vice versa), since you have their hostmask(s) in your record (i.e. from the bot's point-of-view, they match as you); but the latter isn't likely to cause the problem, even with messed up userrecord(s) the bot still must not mess up dcc indexes
D
Decl
Voice

Post by Decl »

I have normal eggdrop downloaded from the slennox's eggdrop page and installed on one shell. All paths are set corrently and only 3 scripts are added to the standart ones (all taken from the same page):

autovoice-on-join
Q-Auth
and third from these forums, the triggers script.

I disabled all of them, doesn't help. Command .help, by the way, works when I am alone on the partyline. Everything absolutely works normally then. But when somebody else joins the partyline, anyone, doesn't matter who, bot starts making these tricks.
www.clanbaseradio.com
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Re-check your configuration: Setting up an Eggdrop
Decl wrote:I have normal eggdrop downloaded from the slennox's eggdrop page and installed on one shell.
New user file?
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
D
Decl
Voice

Post by Decl »

I tried almost everything now. I deleted the user&chanfiles, made new ones. Didn't help. Then I even deleted the config, made a new one, edited it normally and put bot running. I connected to partyline of eggdrop.

By then all commands were working. MOTD displayed etc...

Code: Select all

[15:57:27] <botje`> Connected to botje, running eggdrop v1.6.17
[15:57:27] <botje`>      ____                __
[15:57:27] <botje`>     / __/___ _ ___ _ ___/ /____ ___   ___
[15:57:27] <botje`>    / _/ / _ `// _ `// _  // __// _ \ / _ \
[15:57:27] <botje`>   /___/ \_, / \_, / \_,_//_/   \___// .__/
[15:57:27] <botje`>        /___/ /___/                 /_/
[15:57:27] <botje`>  
[15:57:27] <botje`> Hey Decl!  My name is botje and I am running eggdrop v1.6.17, on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE.
.....and so on........
[15:57:27] <botje`> *** Decl joined the party line.

[14:00:03] <Decl`utc> .help
[14:00:03] <botje`> [14:36] #Decl# help
[14:00:03] <botje`> DCC commands for botje, eggdrop v1.6.17:
[14:00:03] <botje`>    For all users:
[14:00:03] <botje`>       who          away         quit         whom
[14:00:03] <botje`>       me           page         match        motd
.....and so on.........
When I added a user and asked him to join partyline, the problems came up. While being together there, some commands refused to work. ".help" for example, and others.

[14:11:34] <Decl`utc> .who
[14:11:34] <botje`> [14:11] #Decl# who
[14:11:34] <botje`> Party line members: (* = owner, + = master, % = botmaster, @ = op, ^ = halfop)
[14:11:34] <botje`>   [10]   StaLvY    telnet@xxx.xxx.xxx
[14:11:34] <botje`>   [11]  *Decl      ~decl@UTC|Decl.users.quakenet.org (con:mcobxs)
[14:11:37] <Decl`utc> .help
[14:11:37] <botje`> [14:11] #Decl# help
[14:11:38] <botje`> No help available on that.
The point is that the shell, where I am having eggdrop, doesn't let the users to install the eggdrop themselves. They have eggdrop installed in the main path of shell, so every user has just a .conf file. Location of the paths is marked correctly, as EVERYTHING works perfectly when there is only ONE person on the partyline.

But when more than one is there, problems come up. Even the MOTD doesn't pop up, when new user connects to P/L (at time the other is already there). Why is that ? Any ideas ?

DCC Chat connection established
[14:20:08] <botje`> Enter your password.
[14:20:09] <Decl`utc> *********
[14:20:09] <botje`> You have no messages.
[14:20:10] <botje`> *** Decl joined the party line.
[14:20:15] <Decl`utc> .who
[14:20:15] <botje`> [14:44] #Decl# who
[14:20:16] <botje`> Party line members: (* = owner, + = master, % = botmaster, @ = op, ^ = halfop)
[14:20:16] <botje`>   [10]   StaLvY    telnet@xxx.xxx.xxx
[14:20:16] <botje`>   [11]  *Decl      ~decl@UTC|Decl.users.quakenet.org (con:mcobxs)
P.S. Note that the codes above are about a TOTALLY new eggdrop, which config file is edited from the standart one 30 mins earlier and has only 1 channel added and 2 users on it (these 2 are displayed in the code). Therefor, it doesn't have ANY extra scripts added, but just the standart ones.

Help ? :roll:
Last edited by Decl on Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
www.clanbaseradio.com
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

you first said you have downloaded and installed eggdrop, now you say you are not allowed to install eggdrop on that shell yourself? if the latter is correct, I'd recommend you immediately ditch that shell provider

in any case the issue is likely caused by either patched and f*cked up eggdrop or some weird file access/lock problem